Anything but the planes (and AFV's)- 2023 Megabuild - some way to go BUT 10 months left

Paul821

See last post for update

Amended the rules to allow Pat ( aka @JOCKNEY ) to include his Rescue Launch

Prompted by a discussion in the current Anything But Injection GB, I put this proposal before you all for consideration.

The GB would be for anything found on an airfield owned or used by an air force, airline or airfield etc,, except man-made flying objects. So people, vehicles, buildings, boats etc.. can all be included, civil and military. Any scale and any modelling medium allowed.

I admit I have items planned that would fit this theme for at least 3 GB's this year (excluding Blitz builds and KUTA) but I will certainly have some over for 2022 should the GB get the required number and through the bunfight.

Thanks to the below for (potentially) joining in

@Paul821  renewed

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

@dnl42

@vppelt68 renewed

5 @Marklo

6. @helios16v renewed

7. @theplasticsurgeon

8. @JOCKNEY

9. @Tim R-T-C

10: @Colin W

11. @Heather Kay

12. @Mjwomack  renewed

13. @Kallisti

14. @MagpieFNQ NEW

• Like 3

🙋🏻‍♂️ Oooh Oooh me please can I join  ? I need a WW2 control tower. I also need revetments of all types, including German, RAF E type (think thats what they're called), and PSP type. I also need a SWPA style Maintenance shed for photo’s of all my theatre type aircraft. 

Sign me up! :yahoo:

The stash can provide 1/48 kits for a Nissen Hut, Albion 3-Point refueller, CCKW fuel tanker, CCKW bomb truck, bomb trailers, Minneapolis Moline NTX tractor, and Jeep APU.

Some recent builds. Brengun 1/48 Clarkat Tyep B

brengun-final1.jpg

Plus Model 1/48 Cushman model 39 scooter

cushman39-finished4.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Do fire dump aircraft count as non-flying objects or is it once a plane always a plane?

I think as long as the plane is in a state it can never fly again it could be included. That then raises the question of the TSR-2's at Shoeburyness that were restored would that be allowed?

• 3 weeks later...

Aircraft carrier count as a "mobile airfield"?  Could be an opportunity to build some flight deck/hangar deck gear.....tractors, huffers, EPUs, bomb carts, crash & salvage equipment.....

On 4/20/2021 at 6:06 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

A reason to build a lot of this.

That is one reason I have made the suggestion for this thread. After pruning my stash is now predominately support vehicles.

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Would the RAF rescue launch count for this one ?

I have changed the criteria to let you in.

• Thanks 1

I'd be well in for this one - I have an unhealthy (for my wallet) love of airfield accessories - somewhere I have a storage box full of Eastern Express airport vehicles and airstairs as well as a stash-load of Brengun airfield accessories which are certainly small...

spacer.png

I've also got a load of whitemetal military vehicles I use to enhance airfield vignettes, which I could easily make the focus of a build, like these RAF rescue vehicles.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Having parted with a lot of dosh over the years I have a number of items in the stash which will qualify for a GB like this. They've not been built yet so I'm up to join in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a 1:48 Standard Tilly from Accurate Armour I'd like to build at some point so count me in and I'm sure I've got some other gubbins that would quality

• 1 month later...
  • Paul821 changed the title to Anything but the planes - 2023 Megabuild

As once again things that fly and AFV's  have dominated the GB's for 2023, I thought I'd give all other genres of modelling a chance. For 2023 I am now proposing a GB that can include anything that cannot be posted in "Aircraft Modelling" or "AFV's". I will reset the participants back to zero and see how things go.

• Like 2

• Paul821 changed the title to Anything but the planes (and AFV's)- 2023 Megabuild