S-Model Crusader Mk I

Hello

I'm fairly new to building 1/72 AFVs having started under lockdown. I have a whole shelf full of unfinished models in various states of build and painting. Today I managed to finish one and call it done.

S-Model's Crusader Mk. I/II built as a Mk.I.

Built as is OOB, I quite like the S-Model kits as they have some British WW2 armour that not many manufacturers do in 1/72. The kits are detailed but simple and they throw in some PE too, plus you get two in a kit. I will build the other as a Mk.II at some point. 

Painted with Vallejo model air paints with some enamel and oil washes. Plus some home made pigments from artist pastels.  

20210328_163900.jpg

20210328_163842.jpg

20210328_163817.jpg

• Like 30

27 minutes ago, 3DStewart said:

I like the weathered but not derelict look you've given it.  A great looking model.  We don't see enough 1:72 here and yours shows why they justify more interest.

Thank you.

Someone said in one of the tank museum videos on modelling on youtube that building model tanks was like being able to have your own tank museum. I totally get this and its a lot easier to have a large tank museum in 1/72nd than 1/35, especially if space is an issue.

• Like 2