Jump to content

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 Revell 1/48


Recommended Posts

This is my Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 Revell 1/48 - aircraft from 29th squadron RAF in paintwork in honor of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The scheme of camuflage is the same as the Hawker Hurricane from 249 squadron.

In general, I built it out of the box. I made the exhaust of the APU, added wires and tube lines in gear bays and on landing gears. And I used custom decals and "Removes" from Eduard

 

 

 

3UDIWHiV4PmDqRCFngvteVaf887YlEfHBZxNM45T

 

U8mSibvu1In9F1I_RTGi68uURt8eo6LBgVSHwwax

 

 

RkHaHIud245dvF4Vu7EHnF5FmvJ_gDA-xfZU5-Jw

 

AjtNJNtHMGAQ6WOaDzFNFdKMuXqotO_U5z8cDqdX

 

nCH7fJikR-uJqpgXppci1DJpgrKrCeVPr0mZ3_Pg

 

nsL8vKDzax9M2cpLQzSJYCjlut--_-B3EvObihPH

 

vtqKmXPDrh0smtD0DLCiCFmStUW5DbUU_gbrDMU_

 

2tmMNvw4eu_IG1G9TYaaP5VchiPgyU1Lm_yV8_jv

 

JpAJEo7LW1tIoiSHBUnomZltuFDkK4-0Mr_SRHGf

 

6Mn1TOzrqSer2vaD8VRCvH2QRFhsY9N0SOezkAhU

 

cEpPmxRzA4pzK2V0FV8ydPQJOPdq4fqK0oZEkb_J

 

OTeV1_uhZ-GhcJ_6UR0pg14yI-WLzkVhfaLDd3PV

 

 

 

 

Edited by ilius
  • Like 53
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant! Nice to see a colourful Typhoon. Excellent weathering too, very nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry but I  can't see any images.

 

23 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

No pictures for me either. Tried both Chrome and Edge.

 

I'm sorry folks.

I used Google Photos links. Now I'll try to repair everything

Edited by ilius
Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent reproduction of the actual scheme. Its the spitting image of the one in the photo. Well done.

Pete

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Nice build,

I should point out that RAF Typhoons do not carry Sidewinders or Paveway III bombs!

 

Selwyn

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Typhoon in that scheme is on my "to do" list. Good job!

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I was never really into that scheme, even after seeing the above pair fly past my modelling window when I lived in Beaconsfield. But the more I see such fantastic builds as these the more I am genuinely warming to it. Bravo ilius! 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for Your good voices! ))

 

On 31/03/2021 at 08:23, Selwyn said:

Very Nice build,

I should point out that RAF Typhoons do not carry Sidewinders or Paveway III bombs!

 

Selwyn

Selwyn, thanks for Your clarification. I'm not the Typhoons specialist. I only followed the instruction for the model. So, I'll must change the weapons in future.

 

On 31/03/2021 at 13:06, mackem01 said:

Great job on the Typhoon, love the intake cover. Is it home made? Now how about a Hurricane to go with it?

 

Thanks mackem01

Make the Hurricane?! Hmm... Good idea, why not? 

Intake cover - it's handmade )) I took the foil cover from a choсolate bar and shape it for intake cover, and painted it Tamiya red enamel

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, ilius said:

This is my Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 Revell 1/48 - aircraft from 29th squadron RAF in paintwork in honor of the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The scheme of camuflage is the same as the Hawker Hurricane from 249 squadron.

In general, I built it out of the box. I made the exhaust of the APU, added wires and tube lines in gear bays and on landing gears. And I used custom decals and "Removes" from Eduard

 

 

 

3UDIWHiV4PmDqRCFngvteVaf887YlEfHBZxNM45T

 

U8mSibvu1In9F1I_RTGi68uURt8eo6LBgVSHwwax

 

 

RkHaHIud245dvF4Vu7EHnF5FmvJ_gDA-xfZU5-Jw

 

AjtNJNtHMGAQ6WOaDzFNFdKMuXqotO_U5z8cDqdX

 

nCH7fJikR-uJqpgXppci1DJpgrKrCeVPr0mZ3_Pg

 

nsL8vKDzax9M2cpLQzSJYCjlut--_-B3EvObihPH

 

vtqKmXPDrh0smtD0DLCiCFmStUW5DbUU_gbrDMU_

 

2tmMNvw4eu_IG1G9TYaaP5VchiPgyU1Lm_yV8_jv

 

JpAJEo7LW1tIoiSHBUnomZltuFDkK4-0Mr_SRHGf

 

6Mn1TOzrqSer2vaD8VRCvH2QRFhsY9N0SOezkAhU

 

cEpPmxRzA4pzK2V0FV8ydPQJOPdq4fqK0oZEkb_J

 

OTeV1_uhZ-GhcJ_6UR0pg14yI-WLzkVhfaLDd3PV

 

 

 

 

Your model is stunning, I've found this scheme fascinating since I saw it on the 1:72 Revell box. Did you have any issues with your decals? I started this kit early last year and had some major silvering on the decals which, alongside the fit issues of this kit, saw me abandoning it for another time. 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 4:48 AM, RiotRolo said:

Your model is stunning, I've found this scheme fascinating since I saw it on the 1:72 Revell box. Did you have any issues with your decals? I started this kit early last year and had some major silvering on the decals which, alongside the fit issues of this kit, saw me abandoning it for another time. 

Cheers

Thank you RiotRolo

I had a Revell kit with standard grey scheme decals. So, I had to order custom decals for this variant from one modeller. He printed it on a very thin decal paper.

Stencil decals I used from the Revell kit. And finally I used decalfix from Zip-market for all decals and I didn't have silvering problem
You can make same. Or, You can searching decals from Caracal

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 9:21 AM, ilius said:

Thank you RiotRolo

I had a Revell kit with standard grey scheme decals. So, I had to order custom decals for this variant from one modeller. He printed it on a very thin decal paper.

Stencil decals I used from the Revell kit. And finally I used decalfix from Zip-market for all decals and I didn't have silvering problem
You can make same. Or, You can searching decals from Caracal

 

 

Thanks mate, perhaps when I decide to come back to it I'll use the kit stencils too, as these were what I had an issue with. I've actually just been looking at mine though and there are a number of rough patches so im guessing I was being a bit lazy before applying decals 😅 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...