1/48 Hasegawa A-4K Skyhawk

Great job Calum. Love it!

Did you ever serve with George Foreman (Sgt) on Skyhawks in NZ? He came to Canada on exchange and I was one of his hosts. I would love to get in touch with him if you know him and have his contact info, great guy. We fed him a lot of beer. This exchange occurred in the mid-90s.

He also served on helicopters, our Squadron he exchanged in the is a Tactical Helicopter Squadron.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:20 PM, 72modeler said:

Calum,

First off, let me say I love Scooters, no matter the nationality. Secondly, and I don't say this about too many builds, but if you had photographed your A-4K with a  suitable background, it would easily pass for the real thing. That does not look like a plastic  model! Beautiful workmanship and paint! :worthy:

Mike

Thanks , I really need to learn to do the backdrop photo thing

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

Great job Calum. Love it!

Did you ever serve with George Foreman (Sgt) on Skyhawks in NZ? He came to Canada on exchange and I was one of his hosts. I would love to get in touch with him if you know him and have his contact info, great guy. We fed him a lot of beer. This exchange occurred in the mid-90s.

He also served on helicopters, our Squadron he exchanged in the is a Tactical Helicopter Squadron.

Doesn't ring a bell Scooby.  But it was a long time ago :D 

Thanks to everyone else for the comments

On 3/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, Calum said:

Thanks , I really need to learn to do the backdrop photo thing

Doesn't ring a bell Scooby.  But it was a long time ago :D 

Thanks to everyone else for the comments

He’d often joke with us that it wasn’t his real name. That he was using an alias while in Canada. I think it may have been true. Only our administrative people probably knew the truth.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...