Airix 1/72 Boomerang RAAF 4 SQN

G'Day All,

Well used, one previous owner.  CA-13 Boomerang has finished.

Nice little Airfix kit.  Aside from the raised rivets, it went together nicely.  It would be nice if they were sunken, but you work with what you have.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 17

A really nice job. A delightful Boomerang. Very well executed weathering techniques - well done.

If I had one recommendation it is to read this old BM thread. Sadly, Daniel Cox photos are no longer linked.

Also ADF serials A46 Boomerang for the period shots. Typically a well worn metal prop has a discoloured front face, worn leading edge and rear face. The wear more pronounced as you go out towards the tip, that is where the blade velocity is greatest. 

Ray

• Thanks 1

I like it a lot. It's a kit I've always wanted to build. But yes as Ray has highlighted in a thread I actually started way back when. The back of the propellor takes the hits not the front as you've featured. I fell for the same issue as I mentioned in the thread. Only seeing it in reality did I realise. 

Counterintuitive I know but if you tinted the rear slightly red to indicate the millions of bugs who met their fate there, no one would criticise. 

As an aside both Edgar and Melvyn Hiscock contributed to my thread. Both are gone now. 

They are and will be missed. 

Nice work on that battle-weary Boomerang! 👍

I started one of these when I was about 15 years old; but was interrupted by Senior Highschool and University. No idea what happened to it! 🤔