SS United States- completed?

1 hour ago, Iceman 29 said:

Your not very wide diorama should not be a limit for the bow wave, Beefy. ;) 

Depends on her speed and conditions I think she was very sleek as this photo shows not much bow wave.

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 5

Well cotton wool dried out and coat of Halfords auto clear lacquer applied that is it first full OOB build I have done for a while and it gave me just as much bother as a full build with all the bells and whistles.

Normal service will be resumed when I get X2 shelf queens out of the way need to make space for the next ones  :whistle:

Some of you may be thinking what no rigging but it is there Ushi 0.03 extra fine if you look hard enough

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry for the rocking image can you tell the PUBS are open  :drink:

Stay safe and enjoy the sunshine.  B) while it lasts

beefy

• Like 14

• beefy66 changed the title to SS United States- completed?

A really nice build there Beefy, not one we see very often. Much as I admired her technology, I've never been a great fan of the SS United States, something about her proportions looks off to me, maybe too much funnel, not enough superstructure. Compared to the Queens, Mary & Elizabeth (1st), Normandie & France, this girl is not the Belle of the Ball IMHO, but your model gives her the best chance to shine she has. :)

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gidday Beefy, I think the large liners of that era were very graceful ships, although I have to agree with Stevehnz above in that the funnels on this ship in the photo above do look a little chunky. But that's personal opinion and tastes. However you've done a very good model of this ship. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments and likes Gent's

On 4/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, longshanks said:

can we assume normal service will be resumed

It depends on what you mean by normal as in model building or me just making a fool of myself.  :whistle:

On 4/24/2021 at 2:24 AM, stevehnz said:

I've never been a great fan of the SS United States, something about her proportions looks off to me

20 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I have to agree with Stevehnz above in that the funnels on this ship in the photo above do look a little chunky.

@stevehnz, @ArnoldAmbrose I also have to agree with your comments gets some thing about those futuristic shaping and side wings makes her look like some young boy racer has just stuck some spoilers on them and they are just to big.

22 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Still yet to make it to an open pub :weep:

Mine's an IPA!

I have not been to any Pub either Rob but have been enjoying the sunshine and BBQ in the garden with a couple of our friends and some cool bottles of Hobgoblin

One of these days I will get you that IPA.  :drink:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1