Modelsvit 1/72 Sukhoi Su-7BM `Fitter B'

Hi, another Russian aircrft completed, the Sukhoi Su-7BM `Fitter'. This was the first Modelsvit kit I bought and they have come on leaps and bounds since then. The kit itself just need cleaning up in a few places and careful alignment and filler in a few places. If I was to do another one I would add locating pins. The aluminium was Vallejo Metal colour 716 Semi matt Aluminium which is the new formula one, which sprays really well. The decals are from the kit and spare box. Also I added metal pitot tubes and gun barrels, a resin seat and a vacform canopy. The base is just foam board cut, masked and painted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Regards

Robert

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Very nice, Robert.

I'm working on this one right now. I'm about to start painting but I'm tempted to glue on all of the landing gear prior to painting because it feels like it might get very sloppy afterwards. Any advice on that?

• Like 1

@SoftScience Yes the undercarriage is a bit fiddly to put together. I did put the gear in after the major painting was finished. I did the legs and wheels first then put the support struts in place and then the doors and lastly the wing tanks. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the responses fellow modellers.

Regards

Robert

• Thanks 1