AFV CLUB Flak 88 1/35, Ejército de Tierra (Spain)

Hi all.

I do "things that fly" but I got the job of making this model and here it is.

The kit is very good in terms of part reproduction fineness but it has a somewhat absurd breakdown. There are times that for a part that could be molded in one go, 5, 6 or more parts are used.

I have painted it using the AK color Real color for the green of the Spanish Army. I wanted to have placed a piece of land on it and made it look more used but the owner, who is the one who pays and therefore orders, said that it was a soft outlined with oils and satin varnish. So that's what it is.

Andrés S.

51075892097_37a4d9c2f6_o.jpg

51075092878_e75bda17bb_o.jpg

51075892052_9d1910b3d3_o.jpg

51006606935_f1711f2644_o.jpg

51075787951_723e713737_o.jpg

• Like 22

49 minutes ago, Ernst said:

Wow, that's an original take on the flak. I like the colour, is this the colour those spanish panzer iv's  were painted in. It's a beatiful shade on a great model.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst,

From my experience, I think that if it is not exact, it is very, very similar.
I remember the base where I did my military service, which was in the area where my company was, mostly howitzers of 155 towed and some similar cannon from the civil war or earlier, but on some occasion when I had to go further, I could see that there was a T26 of the civil war, and all of them were painted in that tone approximately, taking into account that they were vehicles in permanent exhibition to the outside ...
In the esplanade for the swearing in of the flag, there were at least 4 PAKs 40, although these seemed painted in some shade of medium gray ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 2

Thank you guys for your kind words, I appreciate them.

3 hours ago, Ernst said:

Wow, that's an original take on the flak. I like the colour, is this the colour those spanish panzer iv's  were painted in. It's a beatiful shade on a great model.

Cheers,

Ernst.

Hi Ernst.

I really don't know. This green is more recent and belongs to the Army. Also in the photos it seems to me that green comes out with a somewhat high point of yellow. Below I show one of the photos to which I have modified the color balance so that it resembles on the screen something more than how that color really looks in the model,

Andrés S.

51010683110_15a6c08c13_o.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ernst,

From my experience, I think that if it is not exact, it is very, very similar.
I remember the base where I did my military service, which was in the area where my company was, mostly howitzers of 155 towed and some similar cannon from the civil war or earlier, but on some occasion when I had to go further, I could see that there was a T26 of the civil war, and all of them were painted in that tone approximately, taking into account that they were vehicles in permanent exhibition to the outside ...
In the esplanade for the swearing in of the flag, there were at least 4 PAKs 40, although these seemed painted in some shade of medium gray ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.

Hi Francis,

Thanks, this is interesting 👍.  The panzer I and iv at Museo El Goloso de unidades acorazadas differ quite in their greytone (exposure?), maybe they wanted to make it look german. A post ww2 panzer iv is one of my many "bucket list" projects and so a finnish, syrian and spannish version came to mind. For the latter there are aftermarket decals in 35 and 48. by fc modeltrend (interesting company). The cool thing about this flak is you can immediately see it's different.

Cheers,

Ernst.

7 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

Hi Ernst.

I really don't know. This green is more recent and belongs to the Army. Also in the photos it seems to me that green comes out with a somewhat high point of yellow. Below I show one of the photos to which I have modified the color balance so that it resembles on the screen something more than how that color really looks in the model,

Andrés S.

Hi Andrés, I really like the vibrant colour and paintjob. I always find it difficult to match a paint with reference photo's because colours such as OD or gelboliv can differ quite substantially given circumstances but maybe that's what a good camouflage paint should do.  Thank you, highly original model👍,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Like 1