Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109 E-7 - colourful Nella and Donald Duck...

lDl2CL6.jpg

Another my somewhat older model, I hope you like it too.

Originally this plane was E-3 version, later refurbished for E-7. I added extra Aires cockpit, Squadron vacu canopy and made some minor extras in cockpit area i.e. exterior armoured glass. Decals are mix of Hasegawa and Airfix (crosses). Pilot was Tiberiu Vinca (you can see white TV letters graphic sign under canopy) , he shot 13 soviet planes, was killed 13 March 1944 after friendly fire from German He-111. Another interesting info: 

In the autumn of 1942, the 7th Fighter Group were again on the front, this time near Stalingrad. When the Soviets broke the Romanian lines in the offensive in November, their airfield had to be evacuated. The pilots and mechanics barely escaped capture, in very dramatic conditions (see the article on the 7th Fighter Group on this site in the Units section). Tiberiu Vinca managed to save two mechanics. This was probably one the only flight made by a Bf-109E with three passengers on board! One was put inside the fuselage and the other was squeezed in the cockpit together with the pilot. In spite of the difficult take off (the Soviet tanks were shelling the airfield), of the weather and an overloaded airplane he made it to the Tachinskaya airbase.

Here you can find more informations:

https://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/p007.htm

DrAWo4P.jpg

VHgvH9D.jpg

R03OA1d.jpg

nwHvC35.jpg

i8iMPdm.jpg

k3ChmfR.jpg

d0nFTic.jpg

XDxxDru.jpg

Nu3ruOL.jpg

Fn7qI2I.jpg

oqeFjzR.jpg

rwF0ew1.jpg

3ecsMRL.jpg

Best regards,

Michał.

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 1

• socjo1 changed the title to Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109 E-7 - colourfull Nella with Donald Duck...
  • socjo1 changed the title to Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109 E-7 - colourful Nella and Donald Duck...

There are (too?) many Emils in these pages, but this one I really like!

Exquisite and colourful build with a highly original scheme – and a dramatic background story to boot. What more to wish for?

Great modelling from all aspects!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot Fellows!

It is very nice to read such kind comments and likes.

On 27/03/2021 at 19:53, Spitfire31 said:

Exquisite and colourful build with a highly original scheme – and a dramatic background story to boot. What more to wish for?

Who knows? Maybe pilot's and his plane's photos?

Messerschmitt-Bf-109E7-FARR-7-Grupul-Yel

( from: https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109E/FARR/pages/Messerschmitt-Bf-109E7-FARR-7-Grupul-Yellow-64-Tiberiu-Vinca-WNr-704-Russia-1942-02.html )

vinca.JPG

Tiberiu Vinca on the left (from: https://www.worldwar2.ro/arr/p007.htm )

Regards,

Michał

• Like 1

On 29/03/2021 at 08:31, Wojtek2 said:

Nice - so yellow ... with green here and there 😀.

You are right - like Easter Chicken 😉

Happy Easter to all you!

Lot of health and... regaining the balance.

For all of us.

• 1 year later...