British Armoured Car Austin Mk IV (Masterbox 1:72)

An inexpensive impulse buy a few weeks ago and a delight to build. Brush painted with Tamiya acrylics, with weathering from various oil and acrylic washes. Tried a bit of dry brushing with oils for the first time - happy with how it worked out. Markings from the box for a vehicle in France 1918. From my reading around it was likely with the 17th (Armoured Car) Battalion of the Tank Corps, although markings may be spurious. Thanks for looking.

51075406426_88c7919e42_b.jpg

51075509077_79a4388eff_b.jpg

51006226160_768d6068ef_b.jpg

51074710943_6446dde01d_b.jpg

51006226180_facd63b063_b.jpg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

There is a photo of Austin with these marking so you are alright.

Nice result on what is a lovely kit . I built one some time ago as a 17th Bat. stationed in Ireland. There are some colourful 17th Bat cars out there. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks - it was a surprise to see it in the shop. I was aware of Masterbox being known for 1:35 scale military figures, but was unaware of their 1:72 scale WW I kits. Currently building a Mk I “Female” tank - it’s equally enjoyable.

• Like 1

Great little build. I picked one up the other day for the same reasons. Stuck with a number of stalled builds I wanted something quick and easy to get he mojo flowing again. I did mine in Ukrainian markings.

Peter

• Thanks 1

Lovely job.👍

I have always thought looking at the Austin that I wouldn't want to go round a corner at anything above a walking pace. Narrow wheel base and heavy armour plate must have made it sway like a sailing ship in a storm.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the kind comments

On 3/29/2021 at 11:41 PM, Pedro1 said:

I did mine in Ukrainian markings.

Ooo - let’s see it!

21 hours ago, AltcarBoB said:

I have always thought looking at the Austin that I wouldn't want to go round a corner at anything above a walking pace. Narrow wheel base and heavy armour plate must have made it sway like a sailing ship in a storm.

bit like a 2CV with a flak jacket?

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 11:53 PM, SimonL said:

Thanks for all the kind comments

Ooo - let’s see it!

bit like a 2CV with a flak jacket?

Here you go:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it.

Peter

• Like 2