Dueling Samurai Vignette WIP

Carried over from the Figure RFI section, this little scene was just crying out to be done using a really nice miniature display table. But being unwilling to spoil the superb varnished finish, I decided to use a 200mm diameter wooden sub-base, held safely in place by a few dollops of "sticky wax".

01.jpg

As can be seen, the sub-base fits perfectly inside the lip on the top of the display table.

02.jpg

I then played around with the locations of the four 90mm figures I had decided to use.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Once happy with that, I got on with some very simple landscaping, using static grass, bushes, and trees from my diorama spares box.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

However, the Tomoe Gozen figure didn't really fit in, so she was removed, along with one of the trees which was obscuring some of the viewing angles

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

And that was that, until I re-visited this vignette a few months ago.

Please see my new photos I took today in the Diorama RFI section.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi Harry,

I hope you and yours are well? LTNC, I know, but I'm afraid I don't have as much time to get on BM much nowadays, well not for much more than 'flying visits' anyway! So, I've been feeling quite guilty about not viewing or commenting on others people's work for a while.

I have noticed you've been posting a fair bit again, so I was looking forward to seeing your latest vignettes/dios and having the time to comment rather than just hit 'like'. I am not surprised to find that your work i as beautiful as always. I'm particularly liking these 90mm figures.

I've been watching a hell of a lot of both Chinese and Japanese 'historical dramas and fantasies' of late and every time I do I think of your figures. Except for the film,  'The Myth' starring Jackie Chan, which is pretty naff lol.

I shall now pop to the RFI and hit like!

TC

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1