Airfix B-17 G 1/72

10 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wow!  Who could possibly resist the allure of a well-crafted B-17 in any of its beautiful forms?  Bravo.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Rob K. said:

Great looking fortress👍

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Josip said:

One of the better Airfix B-17s! But it could really benefit from extra riveting, 1:72 scale machine gun barrels and some more bombs. 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

It`s a beauty!!!!!!!  Very nice results. :goodjob:

Mike

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Konrad said:

Great painting & weathering! Congratulations!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, gazza l said:

Really nice job, the weathering looks nice.

gazza l

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s gorgeous! So well finished and weathered. Cracking bit of detail with the mud on the tyres too. Brilliant looking Fortress.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, TonyW said:

Very well finished indeed.

Sometimes it's the little things that make a model. For me the detailing of the bomb bay on your build really does take the model up a notch. 

Thank you!

Lovely job there.

I noticed that you have had the badly moulded tail turret issue. Both of my Airfix B-17s had this problem too, though others seem to have parts that don’t leave a large step. I have told Airfix of the problem, so at least they’re aware of it. I’m still trying to work out how these parts can be so variable.

2 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

That's a wonderful B-17. The natural metal finish is just perfect, and the weathering and exhaust staining are just sublime! Fantastic job! 👍👍

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mark4700 said:

Now that is a nice B17. Weathering looks just right. 

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Lovely job there.

I noticed that you have had the badly moulded tail turret issue. Both of my Airfix B-17s had this problem too, though others seem to have parts that don’t leave a large step. I have told Airfix of the problem, so at least they’re aware of it. I’m still trying to work out how these parts can be so variable.

Thank you! That's good, hope they fix it. As  matter of fact, I tried to minimize and glued the cone halves to each of the fuselages halves before put it all together. It worked in a way, leaving me with some manageable gap instead a larger step. But still a headache to make it all flushed.

• Like 1