1/35 Tamiya Wespe + a LOT of Extras

robw_uk

11 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Hi, Rob
The interior looks great, very nice weathering. What paints do you use for the breechblock?

Vytautas

thanks

breach was AK rubber black with dry brushing of oily steel I believe.... recoil slide(?) was AK ash grey with oily steel dry brush (as was the SMG)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Dunkelgelb laid down - ammo paint mixed 50:50 with transparator - probably a touch too heavy but brush was a touch clogged (didn't check it well enough at the start of the session)

IMG-20220115-155026.jpg

IMG-20220115-155021.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2022 at 4:18 PM, echen said:

Know how you feel. I nearly always have problems with tracks. Hope they sort themselves out and behave better soon!

Thanks  going to try gluing them today ...

• 2 weeks later...

matt coat on yesterday, today I did the jack block (not the most defined wood grain) and added a trapauline using VMS Paper Shaper (my first go - didn't realise it would stick it to the kit, oh well it looks OK)... painted khaki and tried to do a touch of wet blending painting, need to matt it down a touch...

IMG-20220417-181550.jpg

IMG-20220417-181533.jpg

IMG-20220417-181519.jpg

IMG-20220417-181507.jpg

• Like 10

thanks both.... chipping and oil streaking done... next stop will be the mud (my first real attempt at that so wish me luck)...

IMG-20220424-150558.jpg

IMG-20220424-150609.jpg

IMG-20220424-150555.jpg

IMG-20220424-150545.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What did you use for:

Paint, and chipping?

Since I am working on a Panzer IV J now, I want to do this tank with weathering. Using paint and oil only, no aftermarket utilities.

I use Mr.Color C paints.

Let me know?

On 24/04/2022 at 19:24, robw_uk said:

thanks both.... chipping and oil streaking done... next stop will be the mud (my first real attempt at that so wish me luck)...

IMG-20220424-150558.jpg

IMG-20220424-150609.jpg

IMG-20220424-150555.jpg

IMG-20220424-150545.jpg

Looking good! The chipping and weathering are looking on point. I really like the subtle rust streaking you did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dov said:

What did you use for:

Paint, and chipping?

Since I am working on a Panzer IV J now, I want to do this tank with weathering. Using paint and oil only, no aftermarket utilities.

I use Mr.Color C paints.

Let me know?

paint was mig ammo dunkelgelb

first layer of chipping is lightened base (so dunkelgelb with white) applied with a sponge and the odd small brush

then fill in the larger chips in grey to simulate getting down to bare metal

rust streaks were mig ammo streaking rust (first time I used it) but most of the streaks then are oil paint streaked with thinners

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

paint was mig ammo dunkelgelb

first layer of chipping is lightened base (so dunkelgelb with white) applied with a sponge and the odd small brush

then fill in the larger chips in grey to simulate getting down to bare metal

rust streaks were mig ammo streaking rust (first time I used it) but most of the streaks then are oil paint streaked with thinners

That's a great tip for me to use on my Semovente M42. I was struggeling with chipping the camo scheme. But i could use a lighter green and brown to do small chips and then use a dark steel color to simulate the bare metal. Tnx for that! 🙏