Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk1a - first 'proper' build for a novice

Brilliant finish for your fourth build!

Previous posters have all made great suggestions, to which I would add for cutting parts from sprues I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Games-Workshop-5011921050109-Citadel-Cutters/dp/B00LMB9GJM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=citadel+sprue+cutters&qid=1616929875&sprefix=citadel+sprue+&sr=8-3

and for cleaning joints I use one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Games-Workshop-5011921050154-Citadel-Mouldline/dp/B00MYUK8VK

Both were recommended to me by folks on BM (and are available more cheaply by shopping around!).

I also use sanding sponges for finishing after filling.

Lots of other great advice on here!

Looking forward to seeing your next build.

Cheers,

Mark

Well done!

I can't remember the results of my first kits more than 40 years ago, but I don't think it looked that good. 👍🏻

Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback and hints and tips. I've spent the afternoon making a start on the Airfix 1/72nd Vampire which was next on my build list. Going to have a go at getting rid of seam lines and filling/sanding if required.

Andy

Cracking job that! 

Re decals I've had good results using 1 solution of roughly 1 part Klear and 2 parts water. For antenna wires I've started using that Uschi stretchy thread, a little bobbin of the stuff is a lifetime's supply and then some! Very easy to use too.

Looking forward to your further builds, as you sat it's addictive! (How's your stash looking? 😄)