NFS Firemen - Finished and in Gallery

Paul821

In my stash I have a number of white metal figures awaiting a home in future dioramas and model railway layouts. Although there seems to be nothing in the rules for this GB that say that you cannot enter a figure with only one part, I thought I would at least enter these

DSC04913

This has a wheeled trolley which needs some construction.

Unfortunately MMS models ceased trading in 2018 and the owner, and designer of the models, Barry Walby, died in 2020. As far as I can trace no one purchased the business.

• Like 3

One part or not, they may not be as easy as first sounds! The casting looks pretty good though. Anyhow I have a deal with @Angus Tura not to mention the perils of kits with only one piece, because I'm not brave enough to tackle one 😉

I fancy it won't be long before you attract the attention of @Heather Kay and @TonyW, so no pressure

:heart:

This calls to my 1950s fleet modelling dream. GPO Telephones, Council Depot, Civil Defence Depot... 

I have an MMS Crossley crash tender I built a while back. I hadn’t heard Barry had died, which is a shame. I really liked his kits.

40496635850_c6e5d257cf_b.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

These characters have taken a back seat within this GB. However I have dug this "reference book" up.

Book

published in 1944 as a Fund raiser for the NFS Benevolent Fund.

• Like 2

• Paul821 changed the title to NFS Firemen - Finished and in Gallery

I still have not got the hang of painting figures but the result of this build is reasonable enough to go into the display only gallery.

• Like 1