The White Wolf Inn

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome, to The White Wolf Inn!

IMG-2048.jpg

IMG-2049.jpg

IMG-2050.jpg

IMG-2051.jpg

Some close ups of a few of the details -

The shield isn't glued on, just held by white tac, just because.
IMG-20210326-131859265-HDR.jpg

Dunny the Drunken Dwarf.  A Reaper Bones miniature.

IMG-20210326-132001296-HDR.jpg

The sign.

IMG-20210326-132146451-HDR.jpg

Work in progress thread here -

Build a Warhammer Fantasy Tavern he said, it'll be quick and easy he said...

It's taken 9 months on and off for me to build and paint this, due to life issues and on and off enthusiasm.  In reality I've only done about 14 days work on it.

As a result of it taking so long there's a variation in quality of my workmanship and there's a whole host of things that are not very good about this, although I've photographed it sympathetically so you can't really tell where most of the problem areas are.  It looks OK from 2-3 feet away but as you start to get closer and start looking you can see where I've done some things poorly.

Not bad though considering I've never done a semi-display piece of scenery, most (if not all) of the scenery I've ever done has been for 40k and amounts to cutting out very basic shapes from foamcard and slapping a very basic paint coat on them!

One thing I would do differently if I were to do this again is use black styrene sheet instead of white.  There are areas where if you look you can see white, where you shouldn't be able to!  Fortunately you can't see that in the photos above!

I also wish I could take better photos but I don't have the facilities or equipment...

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Edited by RobL
  • Like 23

• 1 month later...

I like that a lot. The colour palette and the overall feel is very good, there's some nice details adding atmosphere, a bit of humour with the NPC. The only issue visible in the pictures is the quoins being split at the corner but I expect you knew that. I hope you use it for gaming, I think it would really being a lot to any table.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all.

22 hours ago, Churchill said:

I like that a lot. The colour palette and the overall feel is very good, there's some nice details adding atmosphere, a bit of humour with the NPC. The only issue visible in the pictures is the quoins being split at the corner but I expect you knew that. I hope you use it for gaming, I think it would really being a lot to any table.

Yes, the quoins are one of many many things I feel I should have done better.  I could/should have disguised that with some of the "moss" that I used.  Downside of doing modelling when tired/suffering with hot weather/lacking focus/struggling with poor light levels etc. - you think something is great at the time, then you come back to it sometime later, too late to fix it, and actually it looks terrible.   Like I said in the OP I built this over 9 months, during that 9 months my "ability" was all over the place.  🙄☹️

It was one of those projects that needed crossing off the bucket list.  I wouldn't build it again.

Edited by RobL

• 1 year later...