1/700 HMS Illustrious R-06

Hi,

This is Dragon 1/700 HMS Illustrious R06.
Build with WEM PE set, Orange Hobby Harrier + tow cart, 3D printed mobile crane, and WEM and Eduard Figures.

My original plan was to represent the carrier in her final fit. But I learned I can't achieve it with what the kit provide. So I decide to built her as the 2000ish version when she operates from sierra leone. 

All the aircraft was detailed by PE and modified. Harriers become FA.2, folded the Lynx blade, deflated bag for the parked seaking, and modify sea king to become HC.4.

20210326_113306.jpg

20210326_112545.jpg

20210326_113044.jpg

20210326_113109.jpg

20210326_113136.jpg

20210326_113247.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 43
  • Thanks 5

First thing these are horrible kits to work with and you have done a cracking job,plus the sea is very realistic,I'm a bit behind you with my Illustrious in the time period (my is 1990's when Seadart was still fitted with the Goalkeeper) and still have to start the aircraft for my one,I have one small comment ,hope you don't mind, Royal Navy never flew the Union Jack at sea ,only when in harbour  or at anchor. Thanks for sharing.Also where did you did your 3D crane from ?

Chris 

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the comments, gents... :)

@Chris Hewitt not at all, I many thanks for the correction. The Union Jack will be removed. 

And yes, this kit was horrible to work with.. I actually thinking about building the one with sea dart in the middle of this build, but then I realize I already made too many changes. And my references were mostly 2000 onwards. 

The mobile crane (Terrex, I believe?) Was locally printed here. You can contact the guy through Facebook. He goes by name  "SteelOxide 3D" or something.. I'll check it and give you a PM if you don't mind. 😉

Cheers,

Mario

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lifeline said:

Thank you very much for the comments, gents... :)

@Chris Hewitt not at all, I many thanks for the correction. The Union Jack will be removed. 

And yes, this kit was horrible to work with.. I actually thinking about building the one with sea dart in the middle of this build, but then I realize I already made too many changes. And my references were mostly 2000 onwards. 

The mobile crane (Terrex, I believe?) Was locally printed here. You can contact the guy through Facebook. He goes by name  "SteelOxide 3D" or something.. I'll check it and give you a PM if you don't mind. 😉

Cheers,

Mario

Hi Thanks for the information . Still no further forward with my aircraft,have started to build HMS Hermes from WW2, I have the harriers and Seakings ,just need to start then. 

Edited by Chris Hewitt
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a great model the flight deck is absolutely spot on that's the best paint job I've seen depicting the flight deck.

Edited by Deano353