1/25 Monogram/Hasegawa Porsche 904

That may be true in places but a vast majority is at least 1/8 inch thick its a very strong car. Last time it cam in for repair it had hit a concrete bollard and had sheared the trackrod end off and snapped the king pin but only cracked the light former.

11 hours ago, colin said:

wow originally released by Monogram in 1964 and reissued by Hasegawa in 1993, intrested to see what you've got in the box KP

Lovely looking car though

It was an Aurora kit to begin with.  One of their better efforts, unlike the E-type and Ferrari Berlinetta (both also reissued by Monogram) which are to be avoided like the plague.

11 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Hi all my boss bought this for me to do 

But he wants it done like the one in the workshop.

That looks like an interesting place to work.  🤓

Hi KP,

I have the 1990ish Monogram boxing of this, will be following with interest.

Can I ask that you take and post some detail shots of the red 904 from the workshop?

Interior, suspension, engine bay, underside of the car etc. Cheers!

Malc.

I am building same kit as well, but in Revell boxing. Kit itself is not that bad. With some work it's possible make very nice one. I need to get some photos from work about real thing after Eastern. Is there any extra parts in Hasegawa boxing?

Did a colour test (seems OK) got some sink marks to fix.

IMG-6450.jpg
IMG-6444.jpg

IMG-6447.jpg
IMG-6446.jpg

Here's what's in the box

IMG-6458.jpg
IMG-6457.jpg
IMG-6456.jpg
IMG-6455.jpg
IMG-6454.jpg
IMG-6453.jpg

Will get some pics for you malc 2 obviously can only get underneath pic if it's on the lifts, not sure it will be as we're only fixing the door atm but I can get some of the others you want.

• Like 3

Yes the engine fan cover is definitely wrong but I'm not that worried I may try to improve it but it's not the end of the world either way.

I should add I don't normally work at such a small scale 1/16 is normally as small as I go on cars (I take my hat off to you guys that do and thevdetail you tend to add at this scale is amazing.

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. I have a feeling your boss bought this on ebay recently? I bid on exactly one of these about a week or so ago. Hasegawa Monogram 904. Eventually rose to more than I wanted to pay. Box looks identical to the auction.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:10 AM, kpnuts said:

He did buy it on ebay 40 quid I see there is one on there for 80 atm

lol yeah it was exactly that one, I remember getting the email it'd sold for 40 quid.

Hi all added some of the masking for the white stripe.

IMG-6611.jpg

The engine in the kit is the 4 cam engine the one in the workshop is the 904/6 which is what I'm supposed to be basing this on 

IMG-6543.jpg
IMG-6548.jpg
IMG-6549.jpg

I don't think I can modify the 4 cam engine into a 6 cylinder boxer engine  so I suppose I will have to try scratch building one 🤔 not sure my skills are up to that but we will see, and there I was thinking this would be an easy build:banghead:

I'd be tempted to add a throttle body to each carb and extend the front (more hidden) bit of the engine to match. Or, since the 'six' was based on the 911 engine, maybe look around for a 1/24 911 kit, cheap?