Wheres that kit I ordered ?

Test Valley Models

This happened right next to my favourite fishing mark in Scotland:

spacer.png

(Pic credit Jon Haylett).

It was a few years ago and the ship was coming up the Sound of Mull in the dead of night.  The inquiry found that the guy in charge had helped himself to some contraband vodka and forgotten to steer the correct course.

Less than fifty yards to the left is the CalMac ferry slipway and the unloading jetty that the fishing boats use.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/25/2021 at 5:41 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

The Daily Fail are suggesting there will be a bog roll shortage because of this.

Cue panic buying of Mr Surfacer............................

Recent (bad) experience has suggested to me that Mr. Surfacer is not an effective substitute for toilet-paper. Having said that, my derriere now accepts paint a lot more readily..... Swings-and-Roundabouts, I guess. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Well the ship owners told Evergreen on 1st April (very apt) they had declared General Salvage. 

Problem is some of this is not really what General Average is for so expect a long and complicated legal battle between various insurers and adjusters. Where some of the costs for towage, getting the ship unstuck etc could be met through this, damages levied by Egypt for closure etc cant be.  Now if you dont have insurance you will have to pay your release deposit and then the final bill in cash to the adjuster. 

The lawyers will win big on this one

• Like 2