Wheres that kit I ordered ?

Test Valley Models

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

The Daily Fail are suggesting there will be a bog roll shortage because of this.

Cue panic buying of Mr Surfacer............................

Wow! If people are resorting to Mr Surfacer for their 'constitutional' then things are getting 'Really' desperate.

• Haha 3

For heavens sake, if you look on a packet of toilet rolls from Sainsburys or the supermarket of your choice, there is a good chance it will have been made in the UK or Western Europe. Apart from the Fail's apparent desire to needlessly make their customer base anxious about everything, they must be smoking or otherwise imbibing some seriously hard stuff to be so detached from reality. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Nothing to worry about, there's a chap with a JCB * on the case

spacer.png

* Other brands of large yellow earth moving machinery are available

Well I think that's not a very good build at all. the weathering doesn't look very realistic, the pointy bit on the bottom is all skewwhiff and the antifoul paint is different heights  

• Haha 8

Having been up close and personal to these ships, you really don't appreciate just how massive they are. Capacity of between 21 and 23,000 20 foot containers.

If you discharged that vessel fully on to artics, you would have a convoy bumper to bumper of almost 80 miles long.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, bootneck said:

And.... for all those who paint their hulls matt,  note the gloss finish above the waterline.

Yep, all the commercial vessels are gloss. The salt air dulls them down quite quickly.

It looks like he also managed to drag up a section of SEAWEE ME3 telecoms cable with his bow too. So not only won't you get your kits but you'll struggle to email your Far Eastern kit supplier to complain about it, lol.

Duncan B

• Haha 2

I was just lisening to someone from Splash247.com on the beeb news and he said although it looks like it's just the bow that's aground it could be upto a third of the ship is stuck fast...

www,splash247.com

Edited by Vince1159

15 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

All they need is a half dozen Shires with ropes on the stern and it'd be sorted,works on canals in the UK...

Moving the five heaviest crew members, all the beer and the spare gas bottles to the blunter end also works well on canals in the UK (how do I know this.........?)

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Moving the five heaviest crew members, )

The crew will be Filipino, apart from the officers. You would need more than 5 to make a decent Sumo wrestler, so not much help in this instance.