Takom Naval Surface to Air Missile Kits

MickE

Hi all

I have found the following kits for sale but only from China and only from ebay.

TAKOM 2128 1/35 Scale Russian Navy CADS-N-1 Kashtan CIWS 

TAKOM 2136 1:35 SCALE SA-N-7&SA-N-12

Has anyone ever bought one? I am wondering if they are even out yet as the delivery date ranges between the 25th of May and the 20th of July

Regards

Mick

Modellbau Koenig in Germany have got the Kashtan in stock and the SA-N-7/12 available for pre-order, expected next month.  Both under €30.  They are very reliable.  Don't know if they've registered for UK VAT so there might be +20% on those prices.  They've also got the 130mm twin gun turret in stock.

Reviews are thin on the ground.  A couple of in-box looks and some YouTube videos.

10 hours ago, MickE said:

Thanks Das Abteilung they didn't come up on my search. I will take a look.

Scalemates is not a bad place to start for who might have stock of a particular kit, as well as being a good place to find reviews and associated products. 

I've used MBK many times - although not since we left the EU - and found them to be entirely reliable.  Der Sockelshop are always worth a look too and are equally reliable.

It's funny - I went online to look at scalemates and now I am finding that some UK model shops have the 

CADS-N-1 Kashtan CIWS for sale either in or out of stock. I never found them before. The SA-N-7 kit is still only available from China, it seems.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought this kit today at my local hobby store and have question about the actual paint colour of this device. Is it Baltic Grey or Northern Grey ?.

( Whilst watching 8 out of 9 cats, do countdown ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Bought this kit today at my local hobby store and have question about the actual paint colour of this device. Is it Baltic Grey or Northern Grey ?.

( Whilst watching 8 out of 9 cats, do countdown ).

Each Russian Fleet has its own shade of grey. Black Sea an Baltic Fleet ships are light grey and Northern and Pacific fleets are dark grey.

On the Sea Dart launcher the Red missile is the dummy display unit, the live missile is white.

Edited by Niall
Updated reply
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:44 AM, MickE said:

Hi all

I have found the following kits for sale but only from China and only from ebay.

TAKOM 2136 1:35 SCALE SA-N-7&SA-N-12

Does anyone know what shade of green is on the missile itself as I don't trust the Ammo colour recommendations ?

Hi

The colour quoted for the Meng BukM1 (same missile) is light grass green - MC235 in their own paint range or N78 in a range called Acryson. 

In Panda's BukM2 the missiles have smaller fins and the colour is Mr color c312.

• Like 1