RN Hawk reported to have crashed in Cornwall

Alpha Delta 210

I used to live just down the lane from Mudgeon farm . Whent to young Farmers with the farm owner they are just the sort of folks you would want to come to your assistance .My parents  had a Sea king come down in the field behind our house not more than 50 yard away back in the late 60s

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

The usual comments being made about what if it had crashed in Helston.

Would have improved the town no end if it had.

From a Porthlevener living in Helston, I'm honestly not sure if I'm offended or if I agree entirely!

Glad they managed to get out safely after putting it in a hedge 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Simon V said:

From a Porthlevener living in Helston, I'm honestly not sure if I'm offended or if I agree entirely!

Glad they managed to get out safely after putting it in a hedge 

As long as the Spingo and the blue anchor are ok 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm always sorry to hear of this sort of incident, & pleased the crew survived. I was also very impressed at the photo that accompanied the article, it looks small on the page but right click & save it or view in new tab & it is a beaut big shot full of Hawk XX240.

Steve.

12 hours ago, wellsprop said:

I assume the RAF and FAA are sharing their pool of Hawks for aggressor units now? 

I've noticed a 100sqn hawk being flown from Culdrose with the callsign NAVYHAWK. 

Changing Squadron markings does not seem to be a priority task. There are still a couple of Hawks with the special tail for the centenary of naval aviation, and that was in 2009.

Like seeing a bus with advertising for the big summer blockbuster from two years ago.

18 hours ago, wellsprop said:

I assume the RAF and FAA are sharing their pool of Hawks for aggressor units now? 

I've noticed a 100sqn hawk being flown from Culdrose with the callsign NAVYHAWK. 

There's a proper assortment of Hawk markings at Culdrose at the moment. 

Three Hawks immediately diverted into Newquay after Thursdays incident, all wearing different markings including XX285 in 100 Squadron anniversary markings.