I am in limbo awaiting paint for my 1/48 Eduard Bf109G-10 so I started a plane I have been

wanting to build. After reading quite a bit of reference material on line I decided to give it a go.

The kit is from KA in Korea and is the old Fujimi kit with a PE sprue and a nice metal pitot tube.

From what I have read it is pretty much a G-10 with the smaller diameter super charger intake,

tall tail, small wheel bulges on the upper wing, box protruding through the bulkhead behind the

pilot's head, asymmetrical front fuselage similar to the G-10, drop the oil filler cap on the nose by

the spinner on the left side  and my version will have the tall tail wheel. Here is the start.---John

lNtE8sQ.jpg

6kYEcRk.jpg

nU9jhbe.jpg

v26Bcql.jpg

AHXviLc.jpg

• Like 5

I bent up the PE box that goes on the bulkhead behind the pilot's seat and super glued

it in. I also added the front cowling pieces.---John

hTEl4cL.jpg

YfcRtGv.jpg

• Like 5

I filled the scribed lines not on a G-14AS and sanded them then added the smaller diameter super

charger scoop. I need to add the 2 bulges to the front engine cowl below the front of the exhausts,

I think someone said they were rocker arm covers? Also the 2 small bumps just behind the gun troughs,

are they suppose to be on a G-14AS?

yZn1jhG.jpg

i1pokrW.jpg

uOIvwpf.jpg

• Like 4

I have the wings assembled and attached to the fuselage. To get a tight wing root fit I

pulled the wings up and taped them to keep the wing root gap closed. After they were

nice and tight with no gap I ran some Tamiya thin glue down the seams.---John

NNE3HBq.jpg

HHvnNLj.jpg

• Like 6

Re read my squadron  signal me109 in action pt 2. 

The G10 was the first artempt to standardise the late model 109s and was intended to use three DB605D but owing to shortages the G14 came into service before the G10 and was again an attempt to standardise the G model 109 but used the DB605A. The G14AS is a DB605D engined G14 but essentially is a G10. Confusing or what.

Edited by Marklo

That's why many people on several other sites said that the plane on my kit,

1/48 KA Bf109G-10-RITA-was a G-14AS and not a G-10. But it has the oil filler

cap on the nose, G-14AS had a lower cap and G-10 was a higher up cap. Then

someone else said something about the mast on the canopy and it should be on the

spine. Then someone else said it was a b.....d G-10. Take your pick as I don't think

anyone can actually prove what was what at the end of the war.---John

PS---b.....d is another word for illegitimate but spellcheck won't let me spell it.

It changes it to sweetheart????????? Must be the stupid PC Police

Tbh I think to be 100% accurate you need reference material for the specific plane you’re modelling. Particularly for the later model Gs planes left the factory with whatever parts were available and it’s possible to see any combination of late G components on a given plane.

Personally I wouldn’t get too strung up on it, so long as you get the big things like , the tail wheel, rudder, canopy and , wing bulges and breech covers right and more importantly enjoy the build then it’s good.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased Peddinghaus decals for Bf109G-14AS Black 13 Petrele. It will be

RLM 74, 75, 76 camouflage. I have the 75 and 76 done and need to do a bit more

masking then do the RLM 74.---John

D5GRa7P.jpg

RvbXHqb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Paint done. Splotches on fuselage side and tail done with sponges. I am scrapping the

Petrele decals and going with Red 2 Rita, kit decals.---John

SK404KR.jpg

t9ZfuB3.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...