Diamond T 969A Wrecker

Hi Everyone

This is the Mirror Models 1/35 Diamond T 969A Wrecker. It was a slow build I am not going to lie, which took all my patience with its 570 parts. I reckon I dropped most of the parts at some point during the build. Some have been lost forever in the carpet and had to be remade, so if it looks like it’s the wrong shape or size it will be my work not the fault of the kit.

The engine is the one supplied in the kit and the cables are just twisted copper wire, I also added the 50 Cal and its mount. The whole thing was a struggle to build but I can’t argue with how the finished kit looks now it’s complete.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kind regards

Trace

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Autle said:

It was a slow build I am not going to lie, which took all my patience

It was worth all the effort, looks absolutely fantastic, some very nice subtle chipping and rusting :thumbsup:

Matt

• Like 2

Gotta agree with Matt ....that is absolutely gorgeous...the attention to the small detail really does bring it to life and the weathering is spot on ....what a lovely piece.

Very very nice indeed. Right up my street 😁

Lots of detail, too many to mention. Those oil drops are sublime 👍

But........ British flimsys on a US vehicle?😳  Even if they are Shell  😂

Or did they 🤔

Andrew 

18 hours ago, APA said:

But........ British flimsys on a US vehicle?

Why not....all these vehicles were based in the UK before being shipped to the european theatre.......i would think a lot of British equipment got shall we say borrowed for the use of field workshops and the like....after all we were on the same team and for instance its a known fact that the U.S preferred British made jerry cans as theirs leaked all the time

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Why not....all these vehicles were based in the UK before being shipped to the european theatre.......i would think a lot of British equipment got shall we say borrowed for the use of field workshops and the like....after all we were on the same team and for instance its a known fact that the U.S preferred British made jerry cans as theirs leaked all the time

Very good point. Forget that all the US stuff would have gone through the UK at some point and would have picked up various stuff along the way. 

I stand thoroughly corrected 👍

Never new the US preferred our Jerry Cans. We got something right then even if they were a 99% copy of the Germans 🙄

Andrew 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 11:33 AM, M3talpig said:

On 3/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, APA said:

Very good point. Forget that all the US stuff would have gone through the UK at some point and would have picked up various stuff along the way. 

I stand thoroughly corrected 👍

Never new the US preferred our Jerry Cans. We got something right then even if they were a 99% copy of the Germans 🙄

Andrew 

I can't speak to the last 40 years but even well into the 80s it was not uncommon to see mixed nationality equipment and supplies in the field. Sometimes you take's what you can get's! Even the word "take" was more frequently accurate than "given" when it comes to some supplies.

We as modelers tend to look to the "official" paint, gear, fittings, etc. etc. when the reality (especially in wartime) pretty much anything can go. Appropriation of supplies, field performed "upgrades" and even basic maintenance such as a paint job mean there is likely far more variation than we will ever see in a few pictures.  At least that is my excuse when I screw up and do something not by the book! 

• Like 3