MORE SHIPPING WOES THIS WILL EFFECT RYE FIELD, GREAT WALL, GECKO, MODELCOLELCT

This won't help with stuff already on the way either.  Even if they clear it quickly, the ship will probably have to undergo an underwater survey before being allowed to continue.  I bet there are a fair few kits, paints and other modelling essentials in some of those containers.

24 minutes ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

Yes you can have all the TECH you want but it does not help if some one falls asleep at the wheel, 200,000 tons and 20,000 containers.

Gust of wind may have done it really 200,000 tons moved with a gust of wind some gust.

Yes, really. Proportionally there's not a lot of ship under the water, and when fully loaded there's a massive side area above which acts as a sail when subject to sidewinds. Sudden gusts, haboob's (sandstorms) are not unknown in the area, I was on a slightly smaller container ship that got blown halfway across Port Said new port a few years ago, it was flat calm until the haboob hit. I've also been on ships blown off the quay when sudden gusts have parted multiple mooring lines in rapid succession.

The longer it takes to clear the seaway then it will have an impact on all the vessels stuck either way.  Most ports operate a JIT (just in time) schedule and, if you miss your slot, you could be stuck out the anchorage until a new slot is found.