Colours

Keith Moynihan

Currently modelling the 1/72 Airfix Bomber Re-supply kit. Just a quick inquiry regarding colours. As I want a bit of variety I'm thinking the RAF Tilly in RAF blue grey, the Bedford in SCC 15 with SCC 14 Mickey Mouse pattern,  the David Brown tractor in G3 with G5 disruptive pattern, the Bowser in SCC 2 with SCC 1a Mickey Mouse disruptive pattern, the cookie bomb trolley in SCC 15 and the other two bomb trolleys in RAF blue grey and G3. Would these colours be present on the same airfield and the same time (1944)? I've searched online and I cannot get a definitive answer. However, just because there is no evidence does not mean that it never happened.

• Like 1

I've seen other posts mention that repaints would only be done if and when major overhauls took place and as wear and tear on support vehicles would be a lot less than front line vehicles it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a Tilly could last until 1944 in pre war RAF blue grey. I have found no evidence to prove or disprove this.

Black Knight. I apologise if I caused offence. I assure you none was intended. I have reread my post and I can see how it may have caused such. It comes across as a statement of fact but that was not my intention. Perhaps a better turn of phrase might have been " could it not be beyond the realms of possibility " and also posed as a question and not the high handed statement it reads as. Again, my deepest apologies if any offence was caused.

8 hours ago, Keith Moynihan said:

Black Knight. I apologise if I caused offence. I assure you none was intended. I have reread my post and I can see how it may have caused such. It comes across as a statement of fact but that was not my intention. Perhaps a better turn of phrase might have been " could it not be beyond the realms of possibility " and also posed as a question and not the high handed statement it reads as. Again, my deepest apologies if any offence was caused.

Hello Keith, I don't think @Black Knight would be very upset. More than likely he is just busy with life in general, or hasn't been back here in Diorama for a little bit. He's always been kind and pleasant when Ive talked or had contact with him. Ive gone and called him for you so hopefully he will answer soon. I can understand your logic but tend to agree, if orders are given they're usually carried out as soon as possible given supply and other goings on. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Another query. Would lend lease M4s supplied to Free French forces remain in US olive drab or would they be repainted in SCC 15 or a French equivalent? I would imagine paint for tanks would have been close to the bottom of the list of material supplied to Free French forces but would they be repainted at the same time as British M4s?