Tameo 1/43 Brabham 1975 BT44B in slow progress

Hope it works for you, Chris. The idea of cutting masking tape around all those angles in the body seemed like a sure way to slice into paint. I think the Sol R stuff might come off more easily from polished paint--I had a couple spots of orange peel where it took some encouragement to remove. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I managed to nearly wrap this kit up over a long weekend and made room to take these quick poor-quality phone photos. There's some touchup left here and there, and I think I can get the cowl to fit a little better, but I'm overall very happy with the results. If I get ambitious I'll take some photos for a ready for inspection post with better light and something approximating better focal depth control. For the next venture into exposed painted suspension components I have ceramic-coated tweezers and nylon-covered flat pliers on the way (thanks again to Ron @silver911  for his suggestions in @Octavian's MFH GTO build). As I've said before in this thread, Tameo engineered this very well and it went together more easily than I would have expected. It's given me the confidence to tackle the MFH 1/43 Bugatti 35B in my backlog once I finish up a couple of road cars in progress. 

Anyway, on to the photos. Thanks for watching! 

PXL_20210719_145434014

PXL_20210719_145424920 PXL_20210719_145348194

• Like 8