Hobby Boss 1/48 F-105G Thunderchief

Having worked on F-105Gs at George AFB during their last years, I can honestly say you've captured the look of the airplane very well. I love the cockpit decals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do love the Thud.  An absolute beast of an aircraft and it had to endure some pretty horrific war fighting Up North. 

That is great looking build, especially the cockpit.  I think you owe the model (and us viewers) a few more piccies...!!

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, supersonic said:

Great looking model all around!

How does you rate the Quinta set concerning ''Look & Feel'' and fitting?

The printing up close is a little grainy, but nothing you notice at normal viewing distance. The 3D look is very apparent. They certainly do not look flat like PE does. As for fit, I found this set excellent, with the set properly sized to fit the panels. Colour looks good, you just have to paint the white edges where visible. As they are on the expensive side, I would just use them in wide cockpits where they will be easily visible 

thanks for the kind comments 

Bruce 

8 hours ago, Booty003 said:

I do love the Thud.  An absolute beast of an aircraft and it had to endure some pretty horrific war fighting Up North. 

That is great looking build, especially the cockpit.  I think you owe the model (and us viewers) a few more piccies...!!

Phil

Thanks for your kind comments Phil.  When reading up on the Thud in Vietnam, I was astounded to read the losses were 40%.  You  will find a few more pics up on my website which is listed in my signature, (when I get the article finished😀)

@SAT69  Very kind of you, especially given you worked on the real jets.

@CaracalModels  Thanks for doing the decals, they performed flawlessly as they always do

Thank you everyone else for the kind comments

Bruce

3 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

Outstanding work Bruce, that impression me much.

Thanks Harry