Pegaso's 90mm Dueling Samurai

Representing one of the absolute jewels in my collection, I must've assembled and painted these two rather dynamic gents around ten years ago. If I remember correctly, they took about eight months to complete, (while simultaneously doing other figures).

The paint schemes are the best I could do to copy the Pegaso boxart. The larger patterns on the clothing were initially sketched onto the previously painted surfaces with a soft pencil before being filled in with the appropriate paint colors.

All paintwork was done in acrylics using W&N Kolinski Series 7 brushes ranging in size from from #00 for the fine detail, up to #4 for blocking in the larger areas.

The pretty poor white metal kit Katanas were recently replaced with far better steel versions of the same which I sourced from Russia; and the white wax seen in some photos is there to secure the diorama sub-base to the miniature display table that was used for the finished vignette -- which shall be featured in a diorama WIP once I find the time and opportunity to sort through the photos and post them. 

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Personally speaking, for me 90mm is a huge figure size with eye-watering prices to match; the cost of these large white metal kits compared to my (now) favorite 75mm resin figures is the reason why I only own a handful of them, (think it must be six -- must check).

This photo demonstrates the difference between 90mm and the more common 54mm figure size.

11-90mm-to-54mm-Comparison.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Beautiful models, exelent painting. Well done 👏

Thanks -- glad you like the figures.

I'm trying to put a vignette WIP article together. Should be able to post it up sometime tomorrow, my time.

Superb - everything looks the part - great face, clothing and especially the armour painting and shading

Wonderful all round

Regards

Dave

• Thanks 1

Lovely painting on a couple of Pegaso classics. What a shame Pegaso have slowed down their output (especially the 90mm range) and now seem to have been overtaken by the Russian companies. These lovely figures are well worth hanging on to.

Cracking work!

Gary

• Thanks 1