General Aircraft Monospar ST-25 Jubilee (G-ADWH) - Special Hobby 1/72

Hi mates!

Let's start my next build here after a long time.

I was quite saddened since the Moa had vanished and I had no motivation to post my builds here, but I would like to share with you my new project, which is this very beautiful machine - the GAL ST-25 Monospar (a piece of art for me just like the DH.89 and other De Havillands...) And it will be no ordinary build - I decided to open the canopy roof and the side door too. The kit provides you with very detailed resin interior which I would like to show off.
I made the decision to recreate the British G-ADWH Jubilee Monospar with the black fuselage and silver wings (I hope the colours are right!) as you can see in the photo from the airwar.ru:

13-6

I would like to kindly ask you, if anyone knows what the small white circle on the back of the fuselage looked like in detail, I would by very very happy if you could share the information. For now, I just assume that it has something to do with the Royal Jubilee from1935 because other civilian aircraft from that time have it too.

I started with gluing the wings' halves together and preparing the fuselage parts for further work. There are a few issues with the original kit which I wanted to correct. The cockpit floor is too submerged in the fuselage so I put it a little bit higher. I made the red leather padding for the fuselage walls, the new rear bulkhead and I sawed off the port door. I cut the canopy to pieces to make it easier for gluing. For the wooden floor I used the HGW decal and the seatbelts are produced by Quinta Studio. I also cut out the hole for the nose landing light which will be made soon.

The next step was gluing the fuselage halves together which was challenging but I am quite satisfied with the result.

P1570612 P1570613 P1570617 P1570618 2 3 P1570614 P1570615 P1570623 P1570624 P1570633

Thanks for looking and see you next time!

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Hi Ondra, I have this kit in my stash as well (taking it out and putting it back periodically)... Check this page - the guy tried to correct the engine cowling angle:

https://modelingmadness.com/review/civil/genav/plesmon.htm

Thanks Marcel, it was just the same with me :)

I will definitelly look at that page!  

14 hours ago, Andrew.S said:

if anyone knows what the small white circle on the back of the fuselage looked like in detail

I bet Moa knows, probably got a file on it.! It's a shame and a serious loss for us. 

Afraid I can't help, but this is looking interesting for a build, and very tidy work inside 

• Thanks 1

Hi Andrew,

Interesting subject. Geoff Goodall's Aviation site reckons that the standard Monospar finish was black and yellow - see here:  link

If he's right, it's certainly eye-catching. Can't verify it but it's a start.

Dave

• Like 1