Vintage Aurora kit restored.

Hi all.   I have finally got this one done.  I originally built the kit way back in the 1970s, started to restore a few years ago then stalled. So while going through my selves of doom(actually boxes of doom) I fished this one out and set about it. All the original decals and paint had been stripped off and lost one nose wheel. My spare wheels box revealed a pair the right size and better looking than the kit ones.  I managed to remove the jet intake rings an pipes, refine them a bit by slightly opening up the ends and gave them a better look, painted them separately before fixing them back on. A buddy at the club did me some decals by copying the original ones from my heavily guarded original un built kit, which I used here for the finish. It was much easier for me to finish it as close as the original kit  as possible. The cockpit glazing is a bit iffy so I let them as is, The parts themselves are very thick!

Its 1/72nd by the way.

Some pics:

hGCYCC.jpg

Just before fixing all the bits back in place and decalling. A couple coats of appliance white used and came out really well.
JFXrsx.jpg

My re worked built model with the unbuilt kit.
0lYHvS.jpg

A further look at the parts etc.
JZEny9.jpg

12tTLL.jpg

Kit paperwork
JhTC6c.jpg

iq2raf.jpg

Not

e th ethick edging to the wheel bays! A bit mad aren't they!
xqHlQN.jpg

aJVOzs.jpg

scJ9Aw.jpg

3oGtrH.jpg

U0mRmz.jpg

bfsNBl.jpg

IRR7Cw.jpg

The custom made decals. On the same sheet are sets for the 1/72 PA-28 Cherokee and PA-23 Aztec. I have an Aztec which is waiting for the decals at the ready.

• Like 31