1/24 Airfix Harrier GR.3

This one was finished in the recent 'KUTA XIII' GB but I've only just got around to posting an RFI... :blush:

The latter stages of the build are here if you want to see it coming together. Work on this model began years ago, long before I joined BM, so the early stages were not recorded. You won't miss much, as it was built to a very basic standard!

Normally I would ask for critique on a model, but not this time! This one is full of silly mistakes and areas that could have been built better. Even my recent work, which really should have been to a higher standard, was frequently jinxed by problems. Eventually I lost interest and just wanted to get it finished - my mojo was gone...

It is a large beast - the following photos were taken on a standard 18" patio slab and it filled that entirely!

rfi1.jpg

rfi2.jpg

rfi3.jpg

rfi4.jpg

rfi5.jpg

rfi6.jpg

Hope you like it and please do not be too harsh with your comments! 😁

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

What caught my eye immediately was the paint work on the pilot figure.  Very nicely done! I like your work a lot.

• Thanks 1

Looks all right Matt! It's a product of its time (aren't we all :lol:) and at least you finished it which is better than I managed on the Buccaneer!

Alan

• Thanks 1

Looks rather impressive!

That is a RAF Harrier, unmistakenly!!

I 'd that the shear size and looks  if this beast compensates for all trouble during the build!

Very well done finishing it!

:thumbsup:

:pilot:

• Thanks 1

Matt, :goodjob:

Apart from a tiny bit of slivering what's not to like? The 3rd photo could be the real thing (and the 4th if you didn't have a flowerpot in the background).

But where do you keep it? I know the Harrier is relatively small compared to say a Rhino, but...

Busy week your end; just waiting for the Lightning to finish and the 747 to progress.

Chris

• Like 1

On 25/03/2021 at 10:09, Chrisj2003 said:

The 3rd photo could be the real thing (and the 4th if you didn't have a flowerpot in the background).

With hindsight, I should have removed that flowerpot!😅

But where do you keep it? I know the Harrier is relatively small compared to say a Rhino, but...

It was destined for my son's bedroom ceiling, but for now I'm keeping it on my record player - I don't think it will last long if I give it to him! :bomb:

Busy week your end; just waiting for the Lightning to finish and the 747 to progress.

I'm finishing the Lightning today (just the undercarriage doors to go on), so hopefully an RFI very soon. The 747 is still waiting for decals, despite chasing them up numerous times... As soon as I get those, I can finish that model too. Almost time to get another one out of the stash!😁 

53 minutes ago, Back in the Saddle said:

Almost time to get another one out of the stash!😁 

Matt, what is the choice for you to do next? Will watch whatever.

Chris 

10 hours ago, iainpeden said:

Love the authentic 1980s 'tash on the pilot.

Very retro! 🤣

8 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Matt, what is the choice for you to do next? Will watch whatever.

Hi Chris. After a little deliberation, I decided to start this one next:

It will hopefully be a more straightforward build than the Harrier!

31 minutes ago, NG899 said:

To make it even better...

Intake interiors not white but dark green on the starboard side , dark sea grey to port.

All the way back to the spinning thingie!

Nice one!

Thanks Airfix...😏

I should have checked, rather than just following the painting guide...! 🥺