Egyptian MiG-29 Mystery

Hobo

Hello everyone,

In the photo link below, there is a line-up of Egyptian MiG-29s in two different camouflage schemes. Does anyone have any info on the aircraft in the background which seem to feature darker shades of gray? I have read that these aircraft ARE NOT MiG-35s, but rather a later variant of the MiG-29 (possibly MiG-29M/M2). Any help would be appreciated.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry I can't help with your question but what a very neat and tidy flight line. No GSE or tow tractors (or anything else) in sight. It looks very much like they were all placed here just for the photo.

Duncan B

the rear ones are simply in a different light condition/ angle towards the camera.

they seem all to have the same camo.

regarding M-29M2/ MiG-35:

allegedly Egyption MiGs are not equipped with the newest AESA radar promised for the MiG-35, what according to the manufacturer makes them MiG-29 M2 sort of. the radar was not ready back then. (and probably is not yet either) No "real" MiG-35 out there anywhere!

the contracts are not public, neither is documentation about the exact designation of the variant...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

They look like MiG-ATs to me--advanced trainers.  This is definitely a carefully composed and posed shot.  I don't even see ground vehicles moving around in the background.

not sure what you mean!

article_5ef7096b7dd3b6_12945009.jpeg

Egypt-Elephant-Walk.jpg?resize=678,381&s

https://i1.wp.com/theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Egypt-Elephant-Walk.jpg?resize=678%2C381&ssl=1

article_5f65be3a8f5242_20433304.png

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/m/articles/2020/09/19/article_5f65be3a8f5242_20433304.png

d0aba85baa6e3d8dcf03cdbef745efd5_900.jpg

https://www.ruaviation.com/news/2018/10/26/12247/?h

this scheme and those pics are definitely legit.

en exibition? yes, but still true fleet of modern MiG-29s!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Electric Indigo said:

Wow, four tanks? Where do they want to go?

They are tanker aircraft. True long-range attack capabilities when paired with Rafales, Su-35s, and other MiG-29s. The Su-35s are on the way. I've read that Saudi Arabia paid for these new acquisitions, but that is not confirmed. Nice new equipment for the Egyptian Air Force!

EOKrptKWAAAcHP0?format=jpg&name=large

EucXGtKXIAYT13Z?format=jpg&name=small

Su-35S-Misir-Defence-Turk-1024x576-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1