P-47D + M Pengie II & V B.M.Gladych - Tamiya 1/72

I present my last two kits from Gladych´s P-47 called Pengie II and Pengie V.
Pilot's bio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolesław_Gładych some mistakes, but ok so far.
Kits from Tamiya, extras: dash board from Yahu, seat belts Eduard, Pitot tube from Master, for M I used propellor from Quickboost. Decals are mix from AJ-Press/Hussar and Aero Master and Techmod.
"Pengie II"
IMG-9209.jpg
IMG-9210.jpg
IMG-9211.jpg
"Pengie V"
IMG-9212.jpg
IMG-9213.jpg
IMG-9214.jpg
All P-47D/M from Gladych. In future I will make a Spitfire F MK.IXc "Pengie", Gladychs first plane with this nick name.
IMG-9220.jpg

Edited by hadzi
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 3

Excellent work. I look forward to seeing the Spitfire Pengie. What decals will you use?

Cheers Allan

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, almac said:

Excellent work. I look forward to seeing the Spitfire Pengie. What decals will you use?

Cheers Allan

Thank you, I ordered custom leser print decals for it. A friend does it for my.

Thank you all guys!

Jerzy, 

Really impressive collection.  

So is that the famous 56 FG plum?  How did you do that?  It looks subtle, but with a nice color to it.  Also, was there a particular reason you went with the Tamiya D to get the P-47M, rather than the Revell P-47M?  I've got a few of both to work on. 

Best wishes, 

Bob C 

• Thanks 1

Jerzy, tell me one thing please. Who likes penguins more: Bolesław Gładych or you? 

😉

Very nice collection!

Edited by socjo1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bob C. said:

So is that the famous 56 FG plum?  How did you do that?  It looks subtle, but with a nice color to it.  Also, was there a particular reason you went with the Tamiya D to get the P-47M, rather than the Revell P-47M?  I've got a few of both to work on. 

Best wishes, 

Bob C 

Thank you Bob. Yes, it is my interpretation of 56th "plum". How I did it? I painted my kit black surfacer from Gunze first. I thought about using one of the three colors: Gunze H55 Midnight Blue or Humbrol RAF Roundel Blue, but I opted for H326 Thunderbird Blue from Gunze, why I did it? The H55 was not bleu enough for me and the Humbrol was oil paint.

Why Tamiy and not Revell? Tamiya is in my opinion better in shape than Revell, additionally planning P-47D Razorback Pengie II and III, we do not have an equivalent from Revell. If I put the P-47D Tamiya or Academy next to the Revell P-47M, we would have too much contrast between them. I did also P-47M from Revell, see here: P-47M Revell/Hobby 2000 1/72 - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

8 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Jerzy, say me one thing please. Who likes penguins more: Bolesław Gładych or you? 

😉

Very nice collection!

I hope Gladych, in the end he married she 😉

Edited by hadzi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1