Airbus A319 BEA Red Square retro jet 100 years British Airways

This is my recent build of another Airbus.

I had actually planned to finish it in the BA anniversary year but for some reason I had only a slow progress on this model as I chose other models to finish first.

Well,now I finally managed to get this little Airbus over the finishing line.

Not much to say about the kit and the build,as its the well known Revell A319 wirh British Airways and Germanwings markings.

Troublefree build all around.

The decals come from 26decals and worked great.

The details come from the extensive Revell decal sheet.

Paints used are Revell white 4 for the upper fuselage and Testors aircraft grey for the lower fuselage,engines and wings,coroguard panels are Revell grey 374 with a few drops silver.

The red for the lower wings is Tamyia gloss red.

Sealed with Gunze Premium Gloss to give it a nice shine.

Cheers

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see Revell's baby bus in the classic retro scheme Alex, Red Square was always my favourite that BEA applied to their aircraft.

Cheers

John 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Alex.

That Red Square scheme takes me back to 1960 when I flew from Manchester to Zurich in a BEA Viscount for a holiday in Lucern.  In fact I still have the Red Square buttonhole badge that you were given.  Sorry, I forgot to say what an excellent job you made of the finish.    Robin.

• Thanks 1

Really nice job and great livery from the past.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Cheers Michael.

• Thanks 1

Great build 👏. That’s my favourite of the BA retro schemes (well, along with BOAC) and I’ve even controlled the full-size one occasionally in the day job...! Nice to see a model version of this standard. 

• Thanks 1

Now that's good.

I love the old BEA red square livery, it was simple, stylish and classy.

Pity we have to see the awful stuff that BA plaster all over their aircraft these days.

• Thanks 1

Hi Alex,

Another great model from you, I don't know how you churn them out so quickly!

Always good to see a BEA red square liveried aircraft and yours is no exception, maybe it's just the photographs but I think the grey seems a little too dark though?

I wonder why they didn't paint any aircraft in the BEA Speed Jack livery?

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much Ian.

Everday a little modelling time is reserved,and working on various kits keeps me busy if one has to be paused and its also interesting to work on different subjects.

Checking photographs,I came to the conclusion,that Testors aircraft grey comes pretty close.And I have a very large stock of these anyway😊

On the photos it looks darker than it actually is.

Edited by Alex1978

11 hours ago, Diogo Monteiro said:

You've blessed us all once more with your perfect models!! What a perfection! It is really a great work Alex! Well Well done! Looking forward for the next one! 

Thank you very much.

The Revell A319 is a great kit.

Cant say whats coming up next off the production line,as there are several models in work at the moment... 1/72 Boeing 737-100 Aurora kit,1/72 Boeing 737-800 BPK kit amongst others.

Stay tuned

• Like 1

I did the A319 as well but with the LH new colors. I decided to stop it because I wasn't very experienced at the time and the airplane looks a bit bad! Maybe next time I will try to make a Zvezda A320 converted. Who knows :D 

That queue looks promising! Looking forward to see it! 

• Like 1