Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki RGV-T XR-89 (14081)

Hi All,

A while since my last post, been busy remodeling my model-shed to make a "display" area so I don't have to keep dusting the models! Just need some lighting for the top shelf:

01.jpg

So last week I started tinkering with this model, never did any WIP so here it is all done. Painted all in Tamiya acrylics - except exhausts which got the Alclad treatment. Enjoyed the last bike I built a few months ago so daughter got me this for my birthday last month. Been sitting on the side for a while so thought it was about time to get her done :) 
02.jpg

Didn't read instructions carefully enough and put the Michelin decal on before the main Suzuki one and so now have a white box with the decal underneath it! Doh!!
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

• Like 13

Nice build @Starspell, I like the Tamiya bike kits. You’re a brave man with your close-ups, I’m usually too aware of my errors to do that, but yours show a nicely finished kit, well done.

2 hours ago, Ian T said:

You’re a brave man with your close-ups, I’m usually too aware of my errors to do that

Not the best close-ups ever, only use my camera phone, not a professional setup! 

@Scottey_b Just take your time and follow the instructions and paint as carefully as you are able and it will turn out just fine, that's all I do! I consider myself to be a distinctly average modeler who just enjoys sticking bits of plastic together and painting them.................far from the realms of ability of may many people you see here.

@Stef N. Give it a go, it's a fairly easy kit, no build issue of note and turns out pretty good for no hassle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1