1/48 Chinook HC.1 Revell/Italeri

My sons favorite helicopter is the Chinook, so I had a good excuse to build Revells (Italeri) Chinook HC.1. Also this brings back good memories to the days spent at the fence in Gütersloh, to watch the Harriers of 3 and 4 sqn, and the 18s sqn Chinooks. 

This is quite a challenging build, especially mating the fuselage halves was tricky. Not to mention the taking pictures without breaking off one of the tiny bits..

Chinook2

Chinook4

Chinook1

Kind regards, 

Gerben

• Like 42

That's a fantastic looking build! I never get bored of seeing the RAF Benson boys blast passed by house at roof top height!

• Like 1

Beautifully done Gerben,.... I spent a lot of time flying in the old `Wokka' when they still wore these old colours,...... and you`ve captured the look very well indeed,

Cheers

Tony

Beautiful build, we had a Chinook squadron my first base, one of my Sergeants used to always say, “ Chinooks don’t fly, they just make so much noise the earth repels them.” The first day he said this to me the Chinook squadron had all their aircraft serviceable and did a flyby of the hanger line just to let us all know.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tonyot said:

Beautifully done Gerben,.... I spent a lot of time flying in the old `Wokka' when they still wore these old colours,...... and you`ve captured the look very well indeed,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the kind words. That must have been a great experience, flying those machines!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

Beautiful build, we had a Chinook squadron my first base, one of my Sergeants used to always say, “ Chinooks don’t fly, they just make so much noise the earth repels them.” The first day he said this to me the Chinook squadron had all their aircraft serviceable and did a flyby of the hanger line just to let us all know.

Didn't know that expression, but it's a cool one!

1 hour ago, PhantomLover said:

Thanks for the kind words. That must have been a great experience, flying those machines!

Credit where credit is due my friend,.. it is a lovely model. I didn`t fly Chinook`s,...... I flew in them down at the back as a passenger,.... I almost fell out of one once (without a parachute!) but that is another story! I did get to fly a Puma mind you! 

• Like 1