A bit of light relief!

Fifer54

Another day, another GB!

I had decided that this was the year I was going to build a resin and/or a vacform.

However . . .

Remodelling the mancave (new workbench and shelving!) has left no funds to obtain such a stash addition, but I did find in last Christmas's stocking these . . .

p?i=06192f7849e4ceba363ae3525995a2ef

When Granpa makes models, the grandkids buy "models" as gifts!

They're definitely not injection, and I have cleared eligibility with with our Glorious Leader, so here goes.

I'll try the "4x4 Off-Roader" first.

There is no scale stated, and it seems the finished article will look like the offspring of a Suzuki Jimny and an early Toyota Landcruiser!

p?i=111c6b6d5d77245cbbf368d0c3d64386

The parts are in two sheets of ?3mm plywood.

p?i=e203dd8ae0ad0f9b32493e310da97cd0

And that's what the instructions consist of! Note the enclosed sandpaper postage stamp!

I'll probably make a start later today, and I'll introduce the other puzzles/models as I get to them.

I think I'm going to leave this one largely unpainted . . .

Good luck everybody. I'll be following the resins, vacforms, and scratchbuilds closely, and watching the whole GB

• Like 6

Call me Glorious Leader and I'll agree to anything!

And suddenly there's two wood builds entered, I'll have to add some more variables to the Even More Glorious Spreadsheet.

Yes, I'm definitely getting a Jimny vibe from that, but with a Land Cruiser bonnet; a sort of if a Jimny and a Land Cruiser had a fling....

I can see that leaving it unpainted will solve the problem of trying to get the prototypical paint match.

hope you enjoy the build as much as we'll enjoy watching.

• Haha 1

And in the blink of an eye . . .

IMG-0026.jpg

I'm calling this done, leaving it unpainted. I won't post it into the gallery yet, I'll wait until the other models in the set are done. Next up will be the plane.

This one will be painted-it's a biplane, with V-struts on the wings and

a radial/rotary style cowling, so I'll finish it as a Nieuport fighter.

Till tomorrow . . .

• Like 5

That took a little longer than I'd expected!

I've been revamping the mancave, with a new workbench and shelving. I now have a much more spacious and "useable" workspace.

Part of the work has also caused an issue with this build. Setting up a Raspberry Pi (tiny computer, for the uninitiated) I needed a big (over 8GB) SD card. The only one I had was in my camera,

so without thinking I pulled the card out, formatted it and wrote the Raspberry Pi's OS software to it. I only deleted all the photos of the plane under construction!

However, having realised this, I took a photo this morning showing progress so far, and I will record continuing work. Here's the bits now:

p?i=e7b424ab2bdee4cfb79f01e3e77bd407

She's coming on! . . .

Edited by Fifer54
correct a typo
  • Like 3

On checking my RaspberryPi's Pictures folder, it seems I'd uploaded the photos I thought I'd lost! They'll need to be resized for HobbyPhotoHost (great hosting site, btw!), so watch this space . . .

And after quickly resizing my piccies in GIMP, here they are!

p?i=481713c8fa337290063847f7aee2eb06

p?i=4408d1bb10dd8ef48aaeb6d6aecef692

p?i=527ee217fd99598da1632501c27a538a

I hope those give a good impression of construction so far. The 'plane is now finished, and awaiting it's appointment with the camera.

• Like 1

I said it was finished, so here's a little taster pic:

IMG-0040.jpg

I'll save the rest of the pix until I finish the third "puzzle" in the set, the sports car,

which looks to me somewhere between a Sunbeam Alpine and a Daimler SP250 Dart.

Getting pictures uploaded fron the Raspberry Pi is a little more involved and long-winded than with a Windows 10 PC, so bear with me . . .

• Like 1