Hobby's Matchmodeller Narrowboat

Morning all,

For this GB I will be doing something completely new to me and something I don't see much of in both material and subject. A picture paints a thousand words so.....

ACtC-3dhv6RMdMANW1u55FZ2A6XIURjPH2ilso7P

I hope you enjoy this build, goodness knows if I will get it done in time but all I can do is try.

Coops

• Like 8

I was always told not to play with matches- my daughter says that still applies! But the Flying Scotsman made of matchsticks appearing on Blue Peter was a formative experience of my childhood.

Welcome, as for get it done on time? Oh don't you go letting the side down by finishing🤣

• Haha 3

I'm intrigued by the note on the box "See end of box for model featured inside" - I would have thought the model inside would just be a big box of matches.

This reminds me that there are two very similar companies: Hobby and Hobbies who sell the same sort of ranges. Looking at the Hobby's web site you can download the plans for a few for these matchstick models here:

https://hobby.uk.com/articles

What an excellent idea. The first narrow boat on Britmodeller? We are really getting some variety in this GB.

I'm tempted to ask if they enclose a reply slip for any missing parts but you've probably already thought of that one! 😉

Colin

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...