More mini madness....Eduard 1/144 A-4E

Davek72

As my mini Mig-15s over in the Africa GB are almost done I thought I would continue my experiment with 1/144 scale with this little chap...

51058181626_b23321252c_b.jpg

51058267542_479b0021fa_b.jpg

I understand the plastic is from Platz which srkiral is also building in this GB.

51057459513_9291d24d22_b.jpg

I am planning on building the Israeli 110 Tayeset Knights of the North plane...because I like the colour scheme and I have never built an Israeli plane.   After 40 years of modelling seems about time.

51058267522_2ece70402b_b.jpg

As always all comments welcome.

Dave

• Like 7

On 3/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, modelling minion said:

Welcome to the GB Dave!

A very nice looking kit you have there for 1/144 scale with some nice options on the decal sheet.

I am glad that you have chosen the Israeli option as they were the largest user of the type after America.

looking forward to see this come together.

Thanks MM.  Made quite a bit of progress already so photos arriving shortly.

• Like 1

Apologies for the lack of posts.  The simple truth is that this one has gone together very very quickly.

Here is where we are at.

51074928133_44e333eb65_b.jpg

An in comparison with the Mig-15s I made over in the Africa GB.

51006441090_7da95b8ef4_b.jpg

Two schoolboy errors though.  First off not enough nose weight.  I have managed to sort that by pouring liquid gravity into the nose through the cockpit and sealing it with super glue.  Second error attaching the fuel tanks.  I prefer to attach almost everything pre painting.  Especially at this scale. BUT I now am going to have a tricky job painting the Israeli scheme.  Never mind we will see how it goes.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 5

That looks to have gone together very nicely Dave.

I can easily imagine how you can get to that point before you know it with a 1/144 kit, especially a new one which builds up nicely.

I am sure you will manage the paint scheme, it might be worth having a look for pictures of Israeli ones to see if they sometimes carried plain tanks, or even ones in their original USN white colour.

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That looks to have gone together very nicely Dave.

I can easily imagine how you can get to that point before you know it with a 1/144 kit, especially a new one which builds up nicely.

I am sure you will manage the paint scheme, it might be worth having a look for pictures of Israeli ones to see if they sometimes carried plain tanks, or even ones in their original USN white colour.

That is a brilliant idea MM.  I have just spent 10 mins and have found lots of modellers who have left their tanks plain but only one real photo. See 

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Skxc-I3AZcQ/VsOoXnGtbmI/AAAAAAAADho/onzkeEwrAyM/s1600/11951396_10153493570033326_5071257333125527623_n.jpg

May just see how I get on 🙂

Dave

• Like 1

To anyone who's interested to build the VF-171 Skyhawk, I would suggest to do a small research first because, I believe this is just a hypothetical paint scheme and the squadron's badge has not a very accurate shape.

VF-171 had adapted only 3 paint schemes; the Israeli one, a three tone blue-grey, and the standard Grey top and White bottom.

• 4 weeks later...