Remote regulator setup.

Tim Brangham

Am about to move my painting area to another room in the house which has better light and easier ventilation for my small spray booth.

Like the idea of having the regulator and pressure gauge attached to an airbrush holder which will be clamped to the table,

it will mean don’t have to keep bending down to adjust and check the pressure and also means I can keep the compressor

tucked away under the table. Most of the time will be able to leave the holder and regulator in place on the table but on occasions

will have to take it off.

In view of above it would be easier to have a quick connect body attached to the input on the regulator and then have a hose 

attached to the tank output on the compressor with a male quick connect on the other end.

I think this would require a 1/4 bsp thread quick connector setup on on end of the hose with 1/4 female connection on the end to attach to the tank,

I believe this is the size used for air tools but is anyone aware of any issues this might cause.

If you buy some good quality ones there shouldn't be an issue (air leaks). I would consider a moisture trap in the second room.

I actually have something sort of similar on my compressor. I have a hose that leaves from the compressor's regulator towards my spray booth. On the side of the spray booth I have a second regulator with a moisture trap attached and a particle filter as well (overkill, I know). The first regulator is set around 30PSI and the second one is usually around 15PSI. I use the airbrush's "mac valve" for the fine adjustment,

9 minutes ago, bmwh548 said:

If you buy some good quality ones there shouldn't be an issue (air leaks). I would consider a moisture trap in the second room.

I actually have something sort of similar on my compressor. I have a hose that leaves from the compressor's regulator towards my spray booth. On the side of the spray booth I have a second regulator with a moisture trap attached and a particle filter as well (overkill, I know). The first regulator is set around 30PSI and the second one is usually around 15PSI. I use the airbrush's "mac valve" for the fine adjustment,

The regulator already has a moisture trap, not sure if I’m getting my male and female connections mixed up (never a good idea) think the inlet on the regulator is actually female and the outlet on the tank is male. Just found some 1/4 to 1/8 adaptors so might be simpler than I thought as could then

use an existing hose and quick connects.