Algerian MiG-29SMT (& Su-30MKA) colours

MiG-Mech

Hey guys,

for my current project of three MiG-29 in 1/72 I wanna do the SMT in blue-grey two-tone camouflage of Algerian AF.

I have Begemot's decal sheet, but there are no codes or numbers for colours, just named.

Anyone knows more about ?

Is that blue same as Su-24 and MiG-21UM, for that I found Humbrol 65 in the Internet ?

MiG-29SMT and Su-30MKA should be same colours.

Any ideas ? 🤔

22 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Hey guys,

for my current project of three MiG-29 in 1/72 I wanna do the SMT in blue-grey two-tone camouflage of Algerian AF.

I have Begemot's decal sheet, but there are no codes or numbers for colours, just named.

Anyone knows more about ?

Is that blue same as Su-24 and MiG-21UM, for that I found Humbrol 65 in the Internet ?

MiG-29SMT and Su-30MKA should be same colours.

Any ideas ? 🤔

Hi there 

I think you need to add some photos or links 

http://www.mig.mariwoj.pl/big/mig-29smt_algerie-[fc12]_2008.jpg

http://www.sukhoi.mariwoj.pl/su-30-dz.htm

Regards

Armando

PD I also was looking for the same thing no able to find out what colors to use!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi @MiG-Mech,

I've just bought the April Issue of 'Model Aircraft Monthly' which features the build of an Algerian MiG-29SMT. The colours used there were Hataka C140 (Extra Dark Sea Grey) and Hataka C321 (Extra Light Sea Blue).

While the blue looks good compared to photos, the EDSG seems a bit too dark. I would suggest Hataka C144 (Dark Sea Grey) as a better match.

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much. :)

I also saw pics of such a model at Instagram and Facebook, I guess it's the same, but didn't get any response.

Edited by MiG-Mech