The racing green of the Jaguar E-Type

Einar

Hi,

I'm starting to model the new  Revell Jaguar E-type in 1/24 scale. The kit it supposed to be built in the red colour version. However, I'd prefer to paint the beauty with the iconic British racing green. I have got the Tamiya TS-43 racing green colour spray but in my opinion it hasn't got the right hue. Which in your opinion would be tghe best alternative for the racing green?

Thank you

Einar

British Racing Green is just about any dark green. There was never just one shade

However, Humbrol does a BRG in enamel and acrylic and it looks good

Humbrol no 239

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Einar

Welcome to Britmodeller. Anyone working on an E-type Jag is welcome here.

May I gently suggest that you spend some time reviewing the structure and content of these forum pages. This query would go better under ‘Vehicles (non-military)’ ‘New Members’ is generally just where new folks introduce themselves to the community.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Hello @Einar

Welcome to Britmodeller. Anyone working on an E-type Jag is welcome here.

May I gently suggest that you spend some time reviewing the structure and content of these forum pages. This query would go better under ‘Vehicles (non-military)’ ‘New Members’ is generally just where new folks introduce themselves to the community.

Hi Steve, 

I'm very sorry for the blunder I made. I noticed it last night and I tried to delete the wrongly placed message but didn't find the way to do it. This wasn't a very convincing start to my membership :(Anyway, I will post my question in its proper group and I'll present myself in the New Members section. 

Have a nice day

Einar

• Like 1

Einar, in the top right of any of your posts, there are 3 dots. Click on this to reveal a small drop down menu. One option is report. Clicking on this reveals a report form. In your case, you can use this to ask for this thread to be moved to the Vehicles Forum which a moderator will do. After that, maybe a full introduction in this forum would be nice too, I'd like to know my new Britmodelller better. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Einar, in the top right of any of your posts, there are 3 dots. Click on this to reveal a small drop down menu. One option is report. Clicking on this reveals a report form. In your case, you can use this to ask for this thread to be moved to the Vehicles Forum which a moderator will do. After that, maybe a full introduction in this forum would be nice too, I'd like to know my new Britmodelller better. :)

Steve.

Hello blabber mouth, thank you for your advice.

My question is now in the right group and I wrote about my background in the New members sector

BR

Einar

• Like 2

If you want to be a fuss-pot and get the correct green, use Halfords grey primer first, then Halfords Jaguar Racing green. It's a colour you'll have to order from a larger Halfords as it isn't a stock rattle-can in the stores.  I repainted a large part of my DeAgostini build using it. Superb match.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

• Like 5

Hi, 

Your  Jaguar E-type looks awesome! Congrats! I have to check whether I can order Halfords Racing Green to Finland. BTW, I notice that you have painted the interior with a light brown paint. It  looks very nice against the dark green. Which paint did you use?

Einar

@Einar So basically Halfords is real car paint that is sold in UK, but if you want correct match you can use other brand that is available in Finland. Several others make correct match. Like SpiesHecker. But I don't know what is smallest amount you need to take. Then you must have use also primer that protects plastic and works with actual paint (Real car paints can melt plastic) . And testing is better do before you spray it to actual kit..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

@Einar So basically Halfords is real car paint that is sold in UK, but if you want correct match you can use other brand that is available in Finland. Several others make correct match. Like SpiesHecker. But I don't know what is smallest amount you need to take. Then you must have use also primer that protects plastic and works with actual paint (Real car paints can melt plastic) . And testing is better do before you spray it to actual kit..

Hi Vesa and all you colleagues who have helped me in choosing the best BRG colour match for the Jaguar E-type. Yesterday I bought a can of the Tamiya TS-9 British green and the shade looks very good. I'll definitely go for that paint.

Thanks to everybody for your help

Einar

20 hours ago, roymattblack said:

If you want to be a fuss-pot and get the correct green, use Halfords grey primer first, then Halfords Jaguar Racing green. It's a colour you'll have to order from a larger Halfords as it isn't a stock rattle-can in the stores.  I repainted a large part of my DeAgostini build using it. Superb match.

Thank you very much for the photo of your fantastic model and the good advice. I don't know if It's possible to order those paints to Finland but I can have try.

Einar

21 hours ago, Einar said:

Hi, 

Your  Jaguar E-type looks awesome! Congrats! I have to check whether I can order Halfords Racing Green to Finland. BTW, I notice that you have painted the interior with a light brown paint. It  looks very nice against the dark green. Which paint did you use?

Einar

It isn't paint.

I trimmed the whole interior with real leather and beige carpet.

• Like 3

Hi, I am totally flabbergasted😯That looks absolutely awesome and original!! You've really built a fine scale model of the Jaguar with the genuine paint and upholstery. I'm speechless! Thanks for the pictures, they help me a lot. 

Einar