Monster--- Bristol Freighter 1/72

Well done Laurie. You have done a cracking job. She looks really lovely. The Dan Air livery is very smart.

I was following your WIP. You mentioned you were having trouble with the resin cowl flaps/exhausts. I notice you left them off in the end - a pity but understandable if they were so fragile and problematic to remove from their footing. Are those the FLY kit engine cowls or ones from the venerable Airfix kit?

Cheers,

Linz

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chopper61 said:

Well done Laurie. You have done a cracking job. She looks really lovely. The Dan Air livery is very smart.

I was following your WIP. You mentioned you were having trouble with the resin cowl flaps/exhausts. I notice you left them off in the end - a pity but understandable if they were so fragile and problematic to remove from their footing. Are those the FLY kit engine cowls or ones from the venerable Airfix kit?

Cheers,

Linz

Hi Linz. Thanks very nice of you. Yes one cowl actully collapsed into pieces. So I introcduced a self made piece.

Quite a nice kit. But they weem to want to sophisticate it with resin bits which are so fragile not well cast. Some detail is so small that I just left if off.

Largest problems so many painting parts & waiting for paint to cure.

Laurie

Cheers for the reply Laurie,

I know what you mean about detail parts that aren't really fit for their purpose. Shame really as the cowl and exhausts is a really nice idea and it is an expensive kit for 1/72 to boot.

I trust things go better with your Islander build.

Linz

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chopper61 said:

Cheers for the reply Laurie,

I know what you mean about detail parts that aren't really fit for their purpose. Shame really as the cowl and exhausts is a really nice idea and it is an expensive kit for 1/72 to boot.

I trust things go better with your Islander build.

Linz

Certainly smaller Linz & a good looker.

Laurie

35 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

Wonderful Laurie , all beautiful models , :goodjob:

Thanks Keith very nice of you.

Laurie

12 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Another cracking diorama Laurie and a smart looking aircraft....BZ.

How big is your shed?

Ha ha junglie. Well it is also my bedroom. Pull out my bed every night from under my Jersey Airport. Got another 4 aircraft to go yet. May have to take a couple to bed with me.

Thanks for you reply very nice indeed.

Laurie

• Like 3

That is a great looking Bristol Laurie, they were always just Bristol's out here, the only aircraft of that ilk we had, they were quite common when I was a young chao & a firm favourite. Yours has caught the look to a Tee & the Dan Air scheme does it no harm either. Sweet dreams indeed. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

A lovely model and an atmospheric scene. I remember my father telling me how he used to take his own car to France on a Bristol Freighter (or maybe a Super Freighter?) and finding it difficult to believe him at the time..

• Like 1

Well done Laurie.  A great looking model and a very impressive diorama - you are going to have to extend the apron soon.  I remember Air Turas Bristol Freighters flying in to Marshalls of Cambridge on a regular basis carrying racehorses for Newmarket races.  Billowing clouds of smoke when they started up- that would be hard to model.

Colin

• Like 2

Lovely Freighter and airport.

The pilots are looking concerned though about the lighting pole in front of their left wing 🤔

regards, adey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Wow, Laurie. What a fantastic dio with so many cracking models.

Thanks Vinnie very nice of you.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

That is a great looking Bristol Laurie, they were always just Bristol's out here, the only aircraft of that ilk we had, they were quite common when I was a young chao & a firm favourite. Yours has caught the look to a Tee & the Dan Air scheme does it no harm either. Sweet dreams indeed. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve. Yes thery are a bit weird but fascinating.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Very nice Laurie,  you have done a grand job on that kit. It looks great with all the others on  your diorama.  Fantastic stuff fella.

Chris

Thanks Chris very nice comments appreciated.

1 hour ago, IanC said:

A lovely model and an atmospheric scene. I remember my father telling me how he used to take his own car to France on a Bristol Freighter (or maybe a Super Freighter?) and finding it difficult to believe him at the time..

Thanks Ian. Must admit we used a freightere to transport our car to England from Jersey. But it was a beverley. Cannot find a model in that.

Thanks all. great replies very very much appreciated.

Laurie

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Well done Laurie.  A great looking model and a very impressive diorama - you are going to have to extend the apron soon.  I remember Air Turas Bristol Freighters flying in to Marshalls of Cambridge on a regular basis carrying racehorses for Newmarket races.  Billowing clouds of smoke when they started up- that would be hard to model.

Colin

Thanks Colin for you very nice comments. Extend the apron that will be into my bed space 🤔

28 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Nice one. Your airport is really busy.

Thanks Vesa very nice of you.

23 minutes ago, adey m said:

Lovely Freighter and airport.

The pilots are looking concerned though about the lighting pole in front of their left wing 🤔

regards, adey

Thanks Adey. Yes so am i i keep hitting the things during the night. My bed is immedialty below.

😁

Laurie

4 hours ago, chopper61 said:

Cheers,

Linz

Hey just seen your fishing scene. That is not Kent 🤣 That I am sure is Scotland.

Laurie

Absolutely top notch Laurie, a magnificent looking build from a monster and looks superb in the diorama. Perfect

Look forward to seeing the Islander

I dread to think what you would be like if you had a new mould kit, I think you would be totally lost with no work to do 😂

Modelling at its best 👍👍👍👌

Si

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Simon Dyer said:

Absolutely top notch Laurie, a magnificent looking build from a monster and looks superb in the diorama. Perfect

Look forward to seeing the Islander

I dread to think what you would be like if you had a new mould kit, I think you would be totally lost with no work to do 😂

Modelling at its best 👍👍👍👌

Si

Thanks Si. matey.

Could well be. You should see the one efter the Islander. Bt that is another day.

Laurie

Another cracking finish Laurie. Your airport apron is starting to look very busy. It shows what a large aircraft the Bristol Freighter was.

Look forward to seeing the Islander.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Truly outstanding work. Your dedication to doing things right is most obvious.

Thanks Sat very nice of you.

2 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Another cracking finish Laurie. Your airport apron is starting to look very busy. It shows what a large aircraft the Bristol Freighter was.

Look forward to seeing the Islander.

Thanks Steve. Yes very busy indeed the Bristol has taken a large area. think I will park the islander under one of its wings.

Hope all is OK down there. Darned cold here but 3 covid cases out of 110,000 is very encouraging. Pauline & I have had two jabs each fingers crossed.

Thanks both very much appreciated..

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS