1/72 Airfix Phantom FG.1

Wrestled the stencil monster and came out on top :)
Very nice 'toom in FAA colours. Good touch on the dropped flaps also.

That collection is asking for a Bucc' - just saying :P

• Thanks 1

Had I not looked at the title, I'd have sworn this was a 1/48 scale model. Beautiful work, especially on the cockpit. You obviously mastered the decals.

• Thanks 1

I remember back in the seventies, seeing a photo of a model of an FAA FG.1 either in an old magazine or book. The caption described it as 'impeccable'. I had to look up that word in the dictionary. 

Your model is indeed impeccable.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jay Gee said:

I'm beginning to notice a little trend going on here........

Trending very nicely too, especially the Phantom but a FAA trend is one to be encouraged, though you don't appear to need much if that. Really nice work on all of them. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone, after going cross eyed for weeks doing those stencils I really appreciate it.

13 hours ago, alt-92 said:

That collection is asking for a Bucc' - just saying :P

I have been eyeing off a RN Bucc and I am very keen to get one, but I'll recover with a few WW2 subjects first.

43 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Trending very nicely too, especially the Phantom but a FAA trend is one to be encouraged, though you don't appear to need much if that. Really nice work on all of them. :)

Steve.

Thanks mate, I do have an Eduard Hellcat MkI/MkII dual combo looking at me from the top of the stash!

• Like 1

Here are some more photos of the underside. I didn't realise I only posted one photo earlier. Look at all those decals! :cry:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Another  nice build, 

Criticism, the missiles should all be white.  Simple rules,  Sparrows White, Skyflash Grey, AIM9G white, AIM9L Grey.  Skyflash and AIM9L were introduced after the RN gave up its Phantoms. the Sparrows should have brown not red stripes on them.!

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

Beautifully finished 007. I was in the cockpit of the real XT864 at the Ulster Aviation Society when I visited on Tuesday, it is six years ago this week since it was moved from Leuchars, the restoration is now almost complete, just the rear cockpit to be fitted out and at present the team are working on getting the arrestor hook functioning. 

• Thanks 1