Hello from a long time London lurker

Timbot

Evening all,

I thought I’d say hello to everyone, but I’m not really sure what to say now.

I used to be really into the hobby when I was a lot younger (last century!) and even won a few prizes. I then got more interested in girls, motorbike and cars before getting distracted by the mundane stuff of everyday life, work, etc.

A change to shift work a few years ago meant that I ended up with more spare time and slowly fell back into the hobby with was accelerated by lockdown.  Think the time has come for me to admit that it is now a proper hobby! I’ve been reading articles on this site for a long time but have only recently decidd to actually join the community.

So far I’ve been mainly making (or remaking) old Airfix 1:24 aircraft and 1:16 radio controlled tanks found on Ebay. They’re big, which suits my ham fisted modelling abilities, but the downside is that I don’t really have the space to keep or display them when finished. I’m looking to broaden my range with other subjects that are more personal to me.

I’m also going to use this post as a way of experimenting with adding images so there should be some photos of my efforts below…

Cheers now! Tim

51045113983_ce4806659a_z.jpg

Old Airfix 1:24 Spitfire and Hurricane rebuilt from part started and badly built kits found on Ebat and at boot sales

51032287167_3d1bb0bcb6_z.jpg

51032193241_5498e9e1f9_z.jpg

A nearly finished WIP Airfix 1:24 Hurricane as bought (above) and nearly finished (below)

34498152826_7df7cb5d59_z.jpg

33728920833_8e2dd667ac_z.jpg
A 1:16 Heng Long radio controlled Panther I detailed and painted a few years ago.

51044347311_7f712040e0_z.jpg
Finally another 1:16 RC tank, a WSN T34/85 made last year.

• Like 5