Tamiya Lotus Europa re-release

keefr22

Just been watching a Youtube video in box review from a Japanese modeller's channel that I'm subscribed to, and if I understand his captions correctly he's stating the re-issued Tamiya Lotus kit is actually Fujimi's plastic! If the body that he shows in the video is indeed the one that came in the box it definitely isn't the Tamiya moulding (he does actually show a comparison between the two bodies, and I don't understand why he would unless it's to show the re-release is a Fujimi) 

Thing is the Fujimi body has the engine cover moulded on, whereas the Tamy one is separate - and when he shows the instructions they appear to be for the original Tamy release showing the attachment of a separate engine cover - things look like they could get a bit complicated building this if there's other differences like that!! 

Has anyone got the re-released kit to confirm if the body is Fujimi or Tamiya? Easiest ways to tell I think are the aforementioned engine cover and that the Tamiya body has plastic strips for the quarterlight frames in the side windows moulded onto the body while Fujimi doesn't, the side windows being empty 'voids'.

I have the original Tamy release and was going to pass on this one, but if it is indeed Fujimi's kit I may get one if just for novelty value! 

Keith

PS; the video is here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty4TTqN63Jw

• Like 1

Look closely. He starts by looking at the Tamiya kit. It has a separate engine cover. Later he brings out the Fujimi fuselage. Probably to compare them but I didn't look further at the video.

• Like 1