And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

56 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

And for those in the UK, a bit like the old Dom Jolly sketch when he would have the ridiculously large prop phone in places like the train, or restaurant etc, and would shout at the top of his voice "I'm on the phone!"

Trigger Happy TV - used to love that show! :D 

51 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Wanted: hand-held device to jam such devices, and car audios played at full volume through open windows to advertise their owners' lack of taste in music.

I think they open the windows to let all the nasty horrible noise out!

Q

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Wanted: hand-held device to jam such devices, and car audios played at full volume through open windows to advertise their owners' lack of taste in music.

The volume of the music is almost always inversely proportional to the quality.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

That'd come in handy at supermarkets as well....

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, Graham Boak said:

However the rights were sold off en masse to Discovery (i.e. Eurosport) with the restriction that free-to-air could only use two streams.

Drat. 

So that's the reason I can't follow the Rugby 7s this time. 

Booo. hiss.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on both beeb one and the red button,i managed to see a couple of matches and the dressage but the don't actually mention what's on what channel....

Edited by Vince1159

North Norfolk seems to have obtained a job lot of Road Closed and Diversion signs.

They've apparently scattered them at random on quite a few minor roads.

It took forty minutes to travel 20 miles thanks to Diversions that took me to other closed roads, or that just ran out of Diversion signs.

Maybe the locals know where they are going, but I was very much not impressed this morning.

It was also apparent that they think Hitler still might invade, there is a definite lack of signposts out there!

• Haha 10

Delivery of junk mail by the Royal Mail!

Or in fact all junk mail or unwanted mail full stop! Anything that does not have our address on just goes straight into the recycling - horrible waste of resources and time!

The Royal Mail has a system called the Red List, you apply to be on it and they are supposed to put an annotation on your address to stop ALL non-addressed junk mail deliveries to your property. basic premise is they will put a note on the sorting frame by which no junk mail will be sorted into your address. Stuff like Dominos flyers, take-away menus etc. We are supposed to on that list, and in fact since we have been on it, the amount of junk we have received has cut down by about 99%. The only stuff we get through the door is from the door to door marketing flyers that local take-aways will push through. However, we also have in the door window a notice advising no cold callers, flyers, menus etc. And even this seems (most of the time) to work. So I would say we avoid 99.5 % of the junk most households receive.

Until the last few days.

Seems a new postie has taken on the round, and is ignoring the Red List information and has started to dump junk mail through our letterbox. Managed to catch him today, and handed the junk back to him with a flea in his ear telling him we are on the red list, please respect this and do not post junk to our house. His response "only doing what I'm told!" Yes, and the red list TELLS you NOT to post junk to our address..... He did not seem a happy chap at being told about the error of his ways!

• Like 3

Last night and this morning, Royal Mail e-mailed and texted me the following:

We've received your parcel from Jadlam Racing. Delivery is due:

Friday, 30 July 2021*

Between

08:42am and 12:42pm*

We won't need a signature.

It arrived at 15.15

Why do they bother

• Like 1

I've got a delivery coming from Airfix. 

Normally the email advising of the despatch is not received with trepidation, as the DPD delivery team (bar one or two exceptions) are usually quite good and efficient. However, todays was received with dread.

The link took me to a Hermes Parcel tracking site...... I wonder how many pieces of plastic I will be finding in the boxes!!!!

(mind you, the Hermes driver in my area, probably have a 60% success rate.......... Of delivering to the wrong house)

• Sad 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:54 AM, Graham Boak said:

RPG-7  ?   :)

• Haha 6

People who go through the 12 items or less isle at the grocery store who have a huge trolley full of stuff. I literally had bread and milk today and no, look at that, people with trolley loads going to the 12 items isle because its moving faster.

I've lost all hope for humanity at this stage, bring on the meteor and end it all.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

People who go through the 12 items or less isle at the grocery store who have a huge trolley full of stuff. I literally had bread and milk today and no, look at that, people with trolley loads going to the 12 items isle because its moving faster.

I know that sentiment very well. My local Coles store( one of six in postcode 4350 ) has a single quick 12 items register that I use most of the time as most of my transactions have less than twelve items. But even the staff don't regulate the rules on that lane, which is a shame !

9 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

I know that sentiment very well. My local Coles store( one of six in postcode 4350 ) has a single quick 12 items register that I use most of the time as most of my transactions have less than twelve items. But even the staff don't regulate the rules on that lane, which is a shame !

but...but...but.....    you NEED a trolley to carry  the twelve  9-packs of toilet paper you went into the supermarket for 😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Last week we noticed that the panels on the rear offside of the car were not fitting correctly, and that one of the rear light lenses had been cracked. Now neither myself, nor my wife have reversed into anything (only had the car just over 18 months. Not only that, the boot is not shutting correctly and seems to be slightly skewed when shut (none of the "shut" lines are lining up correctly.

We took it in to the local dealer for them to investigate, and would seem that someone has either reversed into us, or driven into us with some force, and then driven off without leaving details! Must have been whilst parked up somewhere! Not a happy chap at the moment as Back in January, we had our Catalytic Converter nicked off the same car! That cost us our £300 excess and the insurers put it down to our fault (even though it was stolen and we had a crime number.... It was our fault because they had no scum bag to pin it against as the police didn't have anyone in custody for the theft!). Now if we go through the insurance, it will be our fault again as we have no 3rd party details for and will have to carry the can again! Estimate from the dealers for repair just under £1900 (and that may change once they start stripping the car down and get under the panels!)

Not very happy at the moment:sad:😡

Edited by treker_ed
  • Sad 7

On 7/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

North Norfolk seems to have obtained a job lot of Road Closed and Diversion signs.

It took forty minutes to travel 20 miles thanks to Diversions that took me to other closed roads, or that just ran out of Diversion signs.

Maybe the locals know where they are going, but I was very much not impressed this morning.

It was also apparent that they think Hitler still might invade, there is a definite lack of signposts out there!

Norfolk...........................you mean they've learnt to read ?

• Haha 3

On 29/07/2021 at 18:57, Pete in Lincs said:

I think Edinbugh Clowncil must be their inspiration.

It's wall to wall roadworks and diversions here.

You simply cannot get anywhere in this city without encountering them. Digging up a city centre for a wretched tram that nobody wants certainly doesn't help!

Yesterday, due to roadworks and diversions elsewhere, it took me almost as  long to reach Edinburgh Bus Station (about 65 minutes to cover 5 miles) as it did to travel by bus to Glasgow ( about 70 minutes and, 48 miles) 😠😠. No end to chaos in sight.

John.

• Sad 1

Next door's barking dog.

And its owner. Impervious to reason and offers to help with training. 

• Sad 3

That truly ghastly reality TV show "Housewives" (and, its variations).

For some reason, my partner loves these programmes but, I'm afraid that every time I see and hear those dreadful, screeching, screaming, bitching harpies on her TV,

I yearn to be let loose on them with an MG42 and a big box of grenades!

She is banned from watching these diabolical shows whilst in my flat !!

😉🤣

John

Ps. Love her to bits but, there are limits.....! 😂

Edited by Beermonster1958
  • Haha 8

33 minutes ago, IanC said:

Next door's barking dog.

And its owner. Impervious to reason and offers to help with training. 

Have you tried 'I'm thinking about moving,have you' question then the penny might drop....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Next door's barking dog.

We had an issue with one of our neighbours and their two constantly barking dogs last year. In the end we mad a noise complaint and had to keep a log of when they barked, and how long for over a period of about 4 weeks. The log was then sent in to the noise complaint team to assess.  We assume that some sort of action was taken, as not long afterwards, the neighbour with the barking dogs started to take control, and would stop them from barking almost as soon as they would start. Apart from the odd occasion now, we barely ever hear them. Sadly same cannot be said for two of our other neighbours who seem to be  competing against each other to see who has the nosiest power tools!

It may be worth contacting your local council to make a noise complaint if the dog is barking constantly or enough that it is a disturbance!

Edited by treker_ed

Just now, treker_ed said:

It may be worth contacting your local council to make a noise complaint if the dos is barking constantly or enough that it is a disturbance!

Yes, it might come to that, and I'm keeping a log. Other neighbours have complained too. It's one of those Romanian rescue dogs, and has been mistreated. Sad really, but I don't think the person concerned knows how to train it properly. Or is unwilling. I doubt if anyone else would want to house the thing. 

The cat's ok though.. 🙂

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Yes, it might come to that, and I'm keeping a log. Other neighbours have complained too. It's one of those Romanian rescue dogs, and has been mistreated. Sad really, but I don't think the person concerned knows how to train it properly. Or is unwilling. I doubt if anyone else would want to house the thing. 

The cat's ok though.. 🙂

It really is pot luck what sort of dog you get with Romanian rescue. A friend has one who's great with people, generally quiet and well behaved at home but is a complete nightmare to walk, she wants to fight every other dog she sees. 

• Mike locked this topic