And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

Just watching the England match and a Albanian player layed on the ground behind the wall to stop the ball going underneath,what the hell's going on next'll be a net above the wall to stop free kicks going over!,what a joke....

What planet are these people on?? Just received this email from the Dartford Tunnel Crossing;

"Our records show that you have not made a crossing in a vehicle linked to your Dart Charge account for over 12 months."

Really!! Tell me, what would happen if I tried to make a crossing at the moment? Yes, I know that the email went on to say how I could keep my account active, but what muppet worded that email. I've got it sorted now, but now I'm waiting for a similar email from the Channel Tunnel Crossing. They have more than £300 of my money!

John.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Maybe they miss you? Computer generated, obviously. But I agree, what Muppet set it up in the first place?

I've not crossed the Humber bridge since sometime early last year, but do they write? not a word.

On a lighter note, to counter daytime TV. Before I left Saudi nearly six years ago, I filled a hard drive with all my favourite films & TV programmes.

I plugged it into the laptop last night. 245 separate files. I watched 'The boat that rocked'. Great fun and great music. I miss the pirates!

• Like 4

At least the Channel Tunnel recognised that there was a pandemic and told me that my current account would be extended for a further 12 months. But even that's due to run out in November, so I hope that they will be extending it again. Otherwise, I can't see me getting in ten crossings between now and then.

John.

• Sad 4

Where to start..............Bad back, neck and knees, unnecessary lockdowns (not that I really listened), European Starlings, overpriced drinks, allergies, too many projects and too little cash.  At least it's clear and sunny and not rainy/sleety and cold today.  So I got that going for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, IanHx said:

Todays grump is knowing that even if somebody released a kit of the Ever Given,  I'd be too scared to build it in case it got stuck halfway across my desk...  :)

Did you ever pick up that kit of the Costa Concordia that the LMS put on one side for you?

• Haha 5

On 29/03/2021 at 15:55, IanHx said:

Todays grump is knowing that even if somebody released a kit of the Ever Given,  I'd be too scared to build it in case it got stuck halfway across my desk...  :)

I have a part built Colombo Express, that's a big beast and still smaller than the Ever Given

Oh, deep joy! Nothing bad is happening in the world at the moment. It can't be, otherwise Aunty Beeb wouldn't have been able to devote almost 15 minutes of BBC Breakfast, to an item about it being the 10th anniversary of the death of Amy Winehouse. Really? That warrants taking up all that time. No disrespect to her (and I'm definitely not a fan), but are we going to get these anniversaries broadcast for all "celebrities". If so, there's not going to be much room left for real news.

John. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh, deep joy! Nothing bad is happening in the world at the moment. It can't be, otherwise Aunty Beeb wouldn't have been able to devote almost 15 minutes of BBC Breakfast, to an item about it being the 10th anniversary of the death of Amy Winehouse. Really? That warrants taking up all that time. No disrespect to her (and I'm definitely not a fan), but are we going to get these anniversaries broadcast for all "celebrities". If so, there's not going to be much room left for real news.

John. 

Well what do you expect, nobody has banned another nations imports or blocked a strategic waterway in the last 12 hours :)

edit : just watched news.  normal anti-AZ service has resumed :(

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 3

Todays grump is.....  Nestle's 9-pack of Kit-Kat chunky.

Time was, a chunky Kit Kat was, well,  chunky.

Not now.

These anaemic half-height, shortened excuses for snacks are barely more than "fun" sized.

With barely a brush coating of chocolate.

And thats compared with just 2 years ago !

Worse than 1:2 scale !!!

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

John. 

The story about the 89 year old ex forces roller skating around for charity in memory of Sir Tom made up for it though....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ratch said:

The scumbags who went to our parks and left them strewn with litter.

Yesterday on bbc breakfast they showed somewhere that'd happened,the mind boggles just how stupid and downright selfish these idiots are....

• Like 3

On 3/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, Alex Gordon said:

Did you ever pick up that kit of the Costa Concordia that the LMS put on one side for you?

Fun fact:

The company that salvaged the Costa, was also responsible for freeing the Ever Given.:smartass:

• Like 3

On 3/24/2021 at 10:35 AM, alt-92 said:

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the Beauforts to arrive...

y4mCnF8DYSPJ9J4ggtNYyBWeo-otiN5cDStQdLM6

That's a lot of plastic strip stuck there. There's a few scratch builders who won't be doing much for a while. 

• Haha 2

a grrrrrr.....

went out this am to get car ready. checked oil & water.

cleared front and rear screens of funny snow

went inside to put jacket on, looked out, a quick rain had come on and washed all the rest of the snow off car and drive way