And today's grump is....

Bullbasket

37 minutes ago, IanHx said:

If they are parked opposite the entrance to your drive such that it impedes you getting out, I believe this is technically illegal.

Completely sympathise, this is an ongoing issue we've had have with the house opposite for many, many years.

Although its been less of  a problem since the wife's blue badged car reversed into their  thoughtless visitor...

Nope, they are parking opposite their own drive (!) which just happens to be outside our house, and on a blind bend! It still impedes us getting out as it blocks the view of the road on exiting the drive, Any car parked in that location prevents us from seeing any oncoming vehicles!

Me.

My vac forming today

I just don't seem to get it together today

Usually its a doddle - a few tests and warm ups then a few good canopies.

But not today. I've wasted a load of plastic, I'm getting hot from the vac former and my flat stinks of scorched plastic

Off to try again

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/30/2021 at 10:44 PM, Ratch said:

How can they possibly justify £110,000PA - minimum wage surely :wicked:

Because Diversity Chief is a Very Important Job.  How else are the armed forces going to function without one?  

• Haha 5

US based websites that can't be to do basic record hygiene.

451: Unavailable

The page you are attempting to access is not available in your country.

Seriously? What part of WorldWideWeb is it you don't understand?

Edited by Greg B
Swearing removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

US based websites that can't be to do basic record hygiene.

Seriously? What part of WorldWideWeb is it you don't understand?

Some of them don't want to implement the UK/EU GDPR requirements so block access to UK or EU residents when they recognise an IP address as originating from one of those areas. If I remember correctly, some of the big American newspapers did this at the time of implementation of the legislation.

• Like 1

Even before GDPR, the US was not the best place to send any personal data. For a country that seems so obsessed by an individual's rights (but some of those  individuals seem less keen on the other side of the rights coins), they do not seem to have a problem with what happens with their information. 

• Like 4

Hi

Well just finished my late shift and fancy   

a grump

for no particular reason 

feel better now

cheers J 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

I've got a hangover (just how many elephants can tapdance inside your head)....

You know that you're in trouble when Col. Hathi comes calling.

John.

• Haha 4

An age old, and I guess appropriate for many, grump.

My work would be far more efficient, competent, cost effective and have far better morale if the boss sacked himself. Spending 8-10 hours a day wandering around pointing out problems, mostly self-inflicted, does not fix said problems. Moaning at blokes who have spent all day busting a gut does not lift spirits.

Got that off my chest, thank you.🤬😀

• Like 6

How things have changed,just watching the England/Romania match and a streaker ran on the pitch,the camera stopped dead and the commentator apologized if the language from the crowd affended anyone!,it's football give the PC a rest for crying out loud....Anyone remember a certain match a Twickenham in '82....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The lunatics are running the asylum again!

I remember a certain PM about 20 years ago ( you work it out ) saying that his government would do something to curb the excesses of political correctness. Well that didn’t work, it’s now worse than ever, and has probably led to some people becoming less tolerant as they are told what they can say or think.

I also find it strange that some TV programmes contain language that would have been unacceptable 20 years ago, while others which reflect commonly held opinions from the same period are considered unsuitable to be shown or have to be preceded by warnings.

Rant over.

John

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Some folk like to be offended on behalf of others who probably weren't offended at all.

While that's undoubtedly true, there's also plenty of folk who deliberately set out to cause offence just because. That's not an attractive quality in a person, really.

• Like 6

On 6/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, Vince1159 said:

How things have changed,just watching the England/Romania match and a streaker ran on the pitch,the camera stopped dead and the commentator apologized if the language from the crowd affended anyone!

I'm sorry, but its just not a streaker if a policeman's helmet doesn't have to be strategically positioned !!!

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

The lunatics are running the asylum again!

I remember a certain PM about 20 years ago ( you work it out ) saying that his government would do something to curb the excesses of political correctness. Well that didn’t work, it’s now worse than ever, and has probably led to some people becoming less tolerant as they are told what they can say or think.

I also find it strange that some TV programmes contain language that would have been unacceptable 20 years ago, while others which reflect commonly held opinions from the same period are considered unsuitable to be shown or have to be preceded by warnings.

Rant over.

John

Still, the warnings at the front of films are useful,  if it doesnt contain at least 3 of violence, bad language, drugs and nudity then I know its not worth watching :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

The number of depots my parcel from Hannants has had to go through before arriving at the local depot for delivery!

Collected from Lowestoft

Taken to Norwich

Taken to Cambridge

Taken to Hatfield (South East Regional Parcelforce Hub)

Taken to Milton Keynes

Out for delivery

Mind boggles at the number of miles travelled (just based on travelling from depot to depot) - 164 miles! Soon stacks up to a lot of mileage that our parcels are doing, especially when they do silly thing like taking them to regional hubs which are miles out of the way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Music Magpie were over here my son bought something and lived just around the corner so said he'd go around and pick it up when they had it ready but they explained that it had to go to the UK first and then be flown back for delivery...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

What kind of *expletives deleted* would design an operating system that restarts your computer without giving you the option to stop it? That’s right, the twonks at Microsoft. Right in the middle of me having to type out an operating manual.

Every time I have to use a PC, my stress levels go through the roof and I end up wanting to go on a killing spree. Funnily enough, that never happens when I use my Mac.

I do not have the vocabulary to describe how much I despise PCs and Microsoft products.

• Like 3

On 06/06/2021 at 18:02, Vince1159 said:

How things have changed,just watching the England/Romania match and a streaker ran on the pitch,the camera stopped dead and the commentator apologized if the language from the crowd affended anyone!,it's football give the PC a rest for crying out loud....Anyone remember a certain match a Twickenham in '82....

a mate sent me a video of goal of the year from a latin american country.  To my mind it was a pretty average goal and not worth the fanfare however it improved when the goal, scorer ran behind the goals and celebrated by pulling off the jersey and swinging it around her head while having nowt on but shorts

Sorry I cant post a link here as its family friendly site so I will watch it again a few times for the rest of you.  Nice blond lassie too.  Well fit.  Just saying.....

• Haha 6